WTB: 97-01 XJ Fuel Tank - Or any other tank....

Classifieds section.

Moderator: TJDave

mattawajeep

WTB: 97-01 XJ Fuel Tank - Or any other tank....

Postby mattawajeep » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:39 pm

Anyone got one lying around?

The old fuel tank on the Gladiator is nasty, and in the way of dual exhaust. The later poly xj tanks will fit in the back, give a bit more volume, and have the correct ohm range for my gauges.

I'll probably call Pasco auto wrecking tomorrow. Not sure if they puncture their tanks or not.

mattawajeep

Postby mattawajeep » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:13 pm

Well, Pasco Auto Wrecking has tanks, but not a 97-01 Cherokee. Since I haven't found one of those anywhere, I'm opening up my restrictions a lot.

Just about any tank will do. In tank pump would be cool, but an old school style tank would work as well. Just needs to fit be smaller than 39" Wide x 29" Long x ~12" High. And I'd like it to be at least 20 gallons.

Anyone have a fuel tank of almost any description you want to get rid of? :lol:

If not I'll go to the wrecking yard and grab something that's easy to pull.

Nukegumby

Postby Nukegumby » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:24 pm

I've got one out of a full sized truck (Ford, I think) you can have. It's big, though. somewhere in the 30 - 35 gallon range. I've been thinking of scrapping it because the project I bought it for is long gone. If you're interested, I can dig it out and measure it.

-Mikey-

mattawajeep

Postby mattawajeep » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:53 pm

Nukegumby wrote:I've got one out of a full sized truck (Ford, I think) you can have. It's big, though. somewhere in the 30 - 35 gallon range. I've been thinking of scrapping it because the project I bought it for is long gone. If you're interested, I can dig it out and measure it.

-Mikey-

30 Gallons would probably be a good size. So long as it's not super deep and the filler neck isn't in a weird spot I can most likely make it work.

Return to “For Sale and Wanted”