Posting for a friend: TWO - Jeep Cherokee's (1974 & 1977

Classifieds section.

Moderator: TJDave

Rottwheeler

Posting for a friend: TWO - Jeep Cherokee's (1974 & 1977

Postby Rottwheeler » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:07 am

Package Jeep Sale -- Two (2) running Full Size Jeep (FSJ) Cherokee's, EVERYTHING you need to finish the job is here. If you are familiar with these FSJ's you understand that these two Jeeps will make (1) really nice Jeep. Year after Year, I am failing to find the time to finish the job. Priorities have shifted to spending time with my family. My plan was to take body/interior/glass/trim from Jeep #1 and place on frame/drive train of Jeep #2. Spare drive train (frame, engine, transmission, axles, wheels, tires, etc. . .) could easily be sold to offset your cost. Upon request can send additional pictures and/or video of engines running.

Jeep #1: 1974 Jeep Cherokee Sport (First Year for this Jeep) -- It is a two door, running and drivable Jeep. 360 cui V-8 with a 4-speed Manual Transmission (shifts real nice). Body is in great shape. Tires are (TOYO M/T, Open Country -- 35x12.50R17LT) with approximately 200 miles of road use; wheels -- Black Rock Series (17x9). Tires and wheels recently purchased; spent just under $ 1800.00. Has a 4" suspension lift. Custom front/rear bumpers. Custom welded front brush guard -- Very Stout, has location for a wench to be mounted. Dash is in near perfect shape (NO Cracks). Headliner is not torn or sagging. Original rear seat, in great condition. Front seats are aftermarket and are worn a bit -- still comfortable. Side windows with flip out vent windows versus solid windows. Front aluminum grill & headlamp beauty rings are near perfect condition. All lights are undamaged and in working condition. Suspension nice and stiff. Class III tow hitch. Working electric rear window. All glass is un-cracked. Disk brakes in the front, drums in the rear. Speedometer is bouncy (Typical for this age. . .) Fuel gauge works, but is temperamental. Heater & blower both work. Carpet removed, floor painted black. Stereo works. Still has the original aluminum roof racks. Original paint. Badging and emblems still present. Front & Rear fender wells were cut in preparation for fender flares -- unfinished job, however clearance is perfect for current lift & tire size. New metal windshield wipers.
I have had some minor body work completed, no fillers. Beauty marks (character) from trail experiences have been fixed in preparation for a new paint job. Have before and after pictures available.

Jeep #2: 1977 Jeep Cherokee Chief -- This Jeep is a bit rough regarding body condition, but makes up for it in drive train and rolling chassis -- Has real decent flex. It too is also a two door; running jeep and drivable jeep. Has a rare to find 401 cui V-8 -- original engine with a recently rebuilt TH400 Automatic Transmission. Previous owner was the Master of this project: 1-Ton Dana 44 Front Axle, 1-Ton GM 14-bolt Rear Axle (both 8-lug wheels); both axles have new bearings/seals at the hubs. New U-joints front to rear. The wheels are not the best, but the tires are near new -- approximately 100 miles on the tires (Pro Comp -- Mud Terrain, LT315/75/16). Brakes have been upgraded to disk brakes all the way around, with new brake lines. The Master Brake cylinder was upgraded from the inefficient stock vacuum booster to very efficient hydraulic hydro-booster. Suspension is spring over axle mounted for the front with a rear shackle flip with spring perches. This jeep has a suspension lift and a body lift. Has a Class III tow hitch. Since this Jeep is a Cherokee Chief, it came stock with the metal fender flares to compensate for the larger tires. Between the fender flares on this jeep and the (3) spare sets, the necessary parts are there to have (1) nice set for the front and (1) for the rear. Windshield of this jeep is cracked. Interior is very rough, but does have electric frame under the driver seat. Fuel tank was upgraded to a newer model from another vehicle.

Many Spare Parts - Extra Aluminum Front Grill, (3) different sizes of driver & passenger side mirrors, (3) rear windows, (2) side windows with flip out vents, (2) sets of front fenders, (1) set of rear quarter panels. (1) Lighter weight front brush guard, factory stock center consul arm rest. Set of front seats with new covers. Un-cracked rear hatch Cherokee emblem. Instrument cluster. As noted before, if you figure selling the spare parts (engine, transmission, wheels, tires, axles, frame, glass, body parts, etc. . .) upon completion or as you make the swap -- you could easily get $3k - $4k with almost zero effort.

Asking $8,500 OBO for two running Jeeps -- I have listed a lot of details and I am sure I am overlooking a few. I have clear titles for both vehicles -- Will do my best upon request to explain history of parts. Cannot Accept Any Trades -- See CL ad for pics: http://kpr.craigslist.org/cto/5121909542.html

Thanks for Viewing -- Bill (509) 521-4209

[/img]
Rottwheeler
White 13' JKU Rubicon, 3.5" Rubicon Express Super Flex suspension, 3:73s, 35" Nittos on American Racing ATX black faux bead locks... for now.

Return to “For Sale and Wanted”