LED Flashlight

Classifieds section.

Moderator: TJDave

bronchole

LED Flashlight

Postby bronchole » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:21 pm

When I was up visiting Drew I showed him an LED flashlight I had and he was pretty impressed with it and wanted me to post a link to one like it. Here it is:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flashlight-USB- ... 1a0594021b

What I like:
- It uses either a 26650 OR a 18650 battery. (comes with a sleeve for the 18650)
- It has a USB port on the side that allows you to use it to charge your cell phone in a pinch. You cannot charge the battery thru this port though.
- It has a little bitty port for charging a battery while it is in the flashlight.
- The beam is focusable. When it is focused for the widest coverage the illumination is almost perfectly even. When it is focused for distance you can actually see the image of the LED emitter.

What I do not like:
- The built in charge port is some sort of tiny round barrel connector. I would have preferred that it be a micro USB connector, just like on cell phones.
- The button for turning it on can be a bit difficult to press. This helps to keep from accidentally turning it on, but it a bit too difficult for my taste.

FYI,

I also have one of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Super-Brigh ... 1a0521cfac

What I liked about it:
- The port for charging the battery when it is in the flashlight is a micro USB.

What I didn't like about this one:
- The beam is not focusable.
- It only takes the 18650 battery.

After playing with these flashlights here are the features I would look for in the order of their importance to me:
1. T6 or better LED
2. Focusable beam
3. Able to use a 26650 battery
4. USB port to allow the flashlight to be used as a cell phone backup battery.

Dan
1997 Monsterneer
1967 Bronco (Bonchole)
10m, 2m 146.535, 70cm=KI6MCO, CB ch27=Apollo 3, GMRS ch7,

Return to “For Sale and Wanted”