1968 Jeepster

Classifieds section.

Moderator: TJDave

colemancooler

1968 Jeepster

Postby colemancooler » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:03 pm

My buddy Brian D bought this to built it , and decided after sitting in it he did not like it his loss is your gain

68 jeepster. buick 225 v6, 3 speed. hardtop, bikini top. accura seats. runs and drives. $1500 obo.

you can Pm me or go to the thread I copied this from and Pm him directly

http://www.aworc.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=6095
shindig wheelers #36

sams88

Postby sams88 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:44 pm

I drove up to Yakima to look at it tonight and made arrangements with Brian to pick it up Saturday afternoon and trailer it back to the Tri-Cities.
90 MJ, 5.5" RE Long arm
88 yota p/u

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:02 pm

sams88 wrote:I drove up to Yakima to look at it tonight and made arrangements with Brian to pick it up Saturday afternoon and trailer it back to the Tri-Cities.

Really! When can I come druel (sp?) over it. I really do love Jeepsters (even if they have a CJ front clip on 'em.)
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

sams88

Postby sams88 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:46 am

Yeah, was a bit disappointed with that, but it's not the only one around that's been infected with CJ stuff. I think I can get the original stuff from a friend in Idaho. If not, then I'll just have to suffer with it. I like the wheelbase, and also the d44. Need to stick in one of the 4-speeds with the granny low. The engine has a miss, and exhaust leaks. There's a couple places with some rust, but nothing that will be a real bear to repair. But from what I could see last night, the frame is good, the tub isn't cancered out. The seats aren't stock, and there isn't any rear seat. However it will still be a cool rig to tool around in even if it looks like a CJ from the front. :D
90 MJ, 5.5" RE Long arm

88 yota p/u

White trash

Postby White trash » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:13 am

Heck I think the cj nose is a big improvement.... :lol:

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Postby Grumpy » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:01 am

White trash wrote:Heck I think the cj nose is a big improvement.... :lol:

10-4!! Look at David's. Cool rig...
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

sams88

Postby sams88 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:14 am

I don't think the CJ nose is ugly. All I was getting at is it would have been nice to have a totally stock one just from the restoration point of view. But reality is that it will get wheeled, so it's not like a stocker will be getting modified. :D

And no matter, cause they are still cool looking rigs in my book. Now what the wife thinks about it is a teensy weensy bit different.......... :roll:
90 MJ, 5.5" RE Long arm

88 yota p/u

White trash

Postby White trash » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:25 pm

Of all the jeeps I like the jeepster with a cj nose the best.... Although it's considered sacrilege I'd put a tj nose on one... :D

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:25 pm

White trash wrote:Of all the jeeps I like the jeepster with a cj nose the best.... Although it's considered sacrilege I'd put a tj nose on one... :D

Heck, a TJ nose is almost a Jeepster nose with the signals way out on the fenders. I want a CJ nose on my TJ. :twisted:
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Return to “For Sale and Wanted”