JK Build Thread

Post pics and info of your current projects.
tobyw

JK Build Thread

Postby tobyw » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:27 am

Whew, I'm pooped :lol:
Yep, I've wheeled one of those, too...

White trash

Postby White trash » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:30 am

If you decide to peel those trail rated emblems off I call first dibs... :lol:

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Re: JK Build Thread

Postby TJDave » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:58 am

Tobicon wrote:Whew, I'm pooped :lol:

:humhihi
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:39 pm

Badass. 8)

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Re: JK Build Thread

Postby iaccocca » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:39 pm

Tobicon wrote:Image

Whew, I'm pooped :lol:

Those stickers alone will give you a 10% increase on your RTI score.
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Optiskate

Postby Optiskate » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:26 am

How are you liking the JK?

The more and more I think about it the more I wished I would have pushed the wife harder into considering a 4 door JK over a Commander... Something about Wrangler screams unpractical to her though. :(

tobyw

Postby tobyw » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:41 pm

From the outside, it's hard to come up with anything I hate more... They are disgusting to look at :?

On the inside, however, it is the polar opposite. The interior space is fantastic, the layout is great, the materials are fine for my needs (it's not a luxury machine), and overall I really would not change much. The only thing I'm not real pleased with on the inside is the lack of a good location to mount a CB. It's not an 18-wheeler, so I refuse to hang it overhead, and it's not a police cruiser so I also refuse to mount it on the top of the dash. Unfortunately, these are about the only two places that are even remotey practical...

Ride and drive is also great. It's insanely quiet for what it is, and although everyone else that has one seems to gripe about the power, I'm actually quite happy with ours. No, it's not a fire-breathing 400hp small block pumping away under there, but it has more than ample power. Economy thus far has also been surprisingly good, with an average just over 17mpg for my first two tanks.

I guess the bottom line is, for an open-top Jeep, it is light years ahead of any models before in terms of being daily driver friendly. However, it is not what I would recommend as a dedicated full-time mommy mobile if you have access to something more suited (like a sedan, mini-van, or a typical SUV). But if you are looking for something dual purpose as we were, I think it's pretty damn great!

Rottwheeler

Postby Rottwheeler » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:52 am

tobyw wrote:...The only thing I'm not real pleased with on the inside is the lack of a good location to mount a CB. It's not an 18-wheeler, so I refuse to hang it overhead, and it's not a police cruiser so I also refuse to mount it on the top of the dash. Unfortunately, these are about the only two places that are even remotey practical...

Tobyw... Here's an idea for mounting a CB in your JK: http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8747

I also agree that the 3.8L is not as terrible as some people might think... at least with the manual trans. :)

tobyw

Postby tobyw » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:47 pm

Yeah, I have seen those all-in-one units before, just haven't been able to justify the $$ compared to a good ol' Uniden or something like that. That said, I've always been able to find a place to mount said Uniden, so... :?

erslll

Postby erslll » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:06 pm

Do NOT......I repeat.....DO NOT spend money on one of those piece of crap all in one Cobra's. You may think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread but everyone in your group will hate you. They are notoriously weak transmitters. No one will be able to hear you so they will turn there CB up, then someone with a real CB will talk and blast them out of there jeep.

Mine went directly in the garbage.

Return to “Projects and Build-Ups”