Whos doin what?

Post pics and info of your current projects.
CopenhagenCowboy

Whos doin what?

Postby CopenhagenCowboy » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:41 pm

i figure most of the people in the club are always tinkering and doin little things with their rigs that arent quite big enough to put up on this section. but it would be interesting to see all these things. so im gonna post this thread for all that stuff. :wink: last thursday i got stopped by a police officer who couldnt tell me how much he liked my jeep, but what he made very clear was that i needed mudflaps. One thing i hate, (and i mean hate with a passion) are those jeeps that have the mudflap bars that go into the reciever hitch. Those HUGE obstructions that are enormous and in my opinion look stupid. so i decided to build tome mudflaps out of diamond plate. about 30 bucks later heres what i ended up with Lets see what everyone else is up to! i dont care if its some new lights, or painting your bumper, you got pictures then i wanna see em. it will be cool to see what everyone is workin on[/img]
Last edited by CopenhagenCowboy on Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"a road is merely a suggestion" "Your ricers not so fast with a Jeep on it" "When was the last time you got an adrenaline rush at 3mph?" "Jeeps dont leak, they just mark their territory"

CopenhagenCowboy

Postby CopenhagenCowboy » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:57 pm

ImageImageImage
"a road is merely a suggestion" "Your ricers not so fast with a Jeep on it" "When was the last time you got an adrenaline rush at 3mph?" "Jeeps dont leak, they just mark their territory"

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Re: Whos doin what?

Postby iaccocca » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:08 pm

CopenhagenCowboy wrote:One thing i hate, (and i mean hate with a passion) are those jeeps that have the mudflap bars that go into the reciever hitch.

Psst... more than a couple of the guys in the club run those at least to get to the trail head. Just saying. :wink:
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

CopenhagenCowboy

Postby CopenhagenCowboy » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:12 pm

i figured as much. :lol: to each his own. sorry guys :oops:

Roman
Peak Putters President
Peak Putters President

Postby Roman » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:12 pm

In between runs I use our Jeep as a huge paper weight to hold down the jeep trailer . . .

there's a problem with a rig that's done enough! all the things that i want to do to it aren't that high on the list!!!

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:05 pm

I need a few things for my Jeep. . .a new battery, an alternator, a motor, a radiator. . .you know, the basics.

I was supposed to start working on it today, but the class reunion and a certain PP with huge feet got in my way.

White trash

Postby White trash » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:59 pm

I can think of a lot more things to spend my hate on than some stupid looking mud flap bars.. :lol:

Got the bosses yj out of my driveway today finally. The tube fenders turned out pretty nice, I wish I'd spent a little more time on smoothing them out but I'm pretty happy with them and so was he and that's what matters.

Been tinkering on my junk, I'll be hitting it hard and heavy starting when I get home again this week. Put new batteries in the ferd so it starts NOW not 30 revolutions from now. :D That free'd up the optima that was trying to start it all by itself to go back in the yota where it belongs. Go figure it starts way better with a GOOD battery in it too.. :D

CopenhagenCowboy

Postby CopenhagenCowboy » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:39 pm

I probably said every swear word ever invented tonight, on my way home the jeep died and won't run. I can start it but it sounds like I got bad gas, if I keep the trottle open it runs but its choppy, then when I let off the gas it dies. Don't know what it is, of course it would happen at night. I can hear the fuel pump running, idk what it is. Its been running great then all of a sudden this happens. I couldn't tell you what caused it. I changed my oil today, I also put some jb weld on my power steering resivour and niether of those things would cause it. Anyone have any ideas? Cause its sitting on union till I tow it tomorrow. This is getting a bit ridiculous. Thanks guys

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:53 am

You only got three things that can screw you up. . .air, fuel, spark.

Is the carb squirting fuel? Is the distributor and coil working (did the distributor come loose or is the cap bad? Does it run if you take the air cleaner off? Could be a bad ignition module. . .

It should be pretty simple really.

CopenhagenCowboy

Postby CopenhagenCowboy » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:26 am

Thanks og. Ill check it out after work

CopenhagenCowboy

Postby CopenhagenCowboy » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:28 pm

someone is a jokester.Image

mattawajeep

Postby mattawajeep » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:37 pm

:lol:

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Postby Grumpy » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:51 pm

Now that there's funny :lol: ...And as far as who's doing what, been buried up to my elbows in a black '55 BelAir :? Without Jose, Tim, Adam, and Brad, it could be worse :!: Jose deserves a medal for what he's done so far 8) Tim got the air ride in, and after one small glitch, it works great. Steve worked out the issues with getting the brakes on the front, so that's whupped as well.Brad got the rear in order so the bags could go in, and answered several Chevy type questions.Adam floated around doing what needed for backup, and was much appreciated. As the thing isn't quite drivable yet, Adam and Steph have loaned Steve their Passat, which is above and beyond :!: And Jose really is the Magic Messican. About says it all...And thanks to the women folk for putting up with this cluster :uns:
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Chrispy

Postby Chrispy » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:47 pm

I know what your talking about I have been doing the same to the toy lots of work but looks good

oddball
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby oddball » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:06 pm

That looks to be the writing of a left handed person. Left handed and a Toyota freak. Who could that be?

Optiskate

Postby Optiskate » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:08 pm

White trash wrote:I can think of a lot more things to spend my hate on than some stupid looking mud flap bars.. :lol:

Got the bosses yj out of my driveway today finally. The tube fenders turned out pretty nice, I wish I'd spent a little more time on smoothing them out but I'm pretty happy with them and so was he and that's what matters.

Been tinkering on my junk, I'll be hitting it hard and heavy starting when I get home again this week. Put new batteries in the ferd so it starts NOW not 30 revolutions from now. :D That free'd up the optima that was trying to start it all by itself to go back in the yota where it belongs. Go figure it starts way better with a GOOD battery in it too.. :D

Get any pics of the YJ. I was actually kind of interested in seeing how it turned out. Its not often you see Trash Fab on a Jeep. :lol:

CopenhagenCowboy

Postby CopenhagenCowboy » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:31 pm

idk who it could be, im left handed, but im no Toyota freak. lol it was in good fun, i got a kick out of it. nice to see everyones keepin busy, sounds like theres a team of mechanics residing at your house grumpy.

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:54 pm

It's running now. Long story. Seems a good samaritan in the form of a local Chev freak popped in to say "cool car", and just kinda made a couple twiddles and it was running! More on that later. Took it out to celebrate Don's B-Day with a drink at the bar, and it went well. Except maybe for the throttle coming apart! Field repair involved Susan and a safety pin. Got it to Jose's and got it done right. Jose and Sveta went over, too, and sheep dogged us home. No turn signals. Thing pulls like a jumbo jet!! Get it tuned, and it'll be a good ride...
Dave

Quote:

-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.

Sveta
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Sveta » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:03 pm

Grumpy wrote: Jose and Sveta went over, too, and sheep dogged us home. No turn signals.

I am not sure if you can call your brake lights are brake lights. I do not think that light change of color is counts.

SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby SPR » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:01 am

That looks to be the writing of a left handed person. Left handed and a Toyota freak.

The "freak" shoud learn to spell. :P
I don't Text (at least not very well), I eat Blackberrys, and I only Twitter after sex...

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:57 am

Sveta wrote:
Grumpy wrote: Jose and Sveta went over, too, and sheep dogged us home. No turn signals.

I am not sure if you can call your brake lights are brake lights. I do not think that light change of color is counts.

Not much there, huh? Looks like several things to work on before it gets turned out in the world. The clutch needs adjusted, the brake pedal has too much free play, and no turn signals. I love working on 55 year old cars :?
Dave

Quote:

White trash

Postby White trash » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:43 am

Grumpy wrote:I love working on 55 year old cars :?

Starting to understand what your Dr goes through eh? :lip:

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:09 am

:mdr
Dave

Quote:

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:58 pm

Little projects and tinkering? Well last night I put in the new CB, but couldn't get the old antenna tuned so a trip out to King City got me my new antenna this morning that was perfect out of the box (just sub 1.5 on my SWR meter.)
And in the category of projects that require less than two beers, I got my winch cable rewrapped and marked.
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

79chevy39.5's

Postby 79chevy39.5's » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:33 pm

i loaded up the willys for a 40+ hour haul to longview.......then it will be time either finish it out like it is (ie brakes and pedal assembly, cage, steering) or spring swap the front and throw my 4 link in as well as the mentioned above)

Return to “Projects and Build-Ups”