Project... Rotten Kid

Post pics and info of your current projects.
SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Project... Rotten Kid

Postby SPR » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:36 pm

This is how it starts...

We let Dion eyeball his wrecked truck from his bicycle for a month.

Finally, I couldn't stand it any longer, so we hooked up the Toyota's new winch and began tugging on the conner so that we could put a new tire on the front and to open the hood to see what damage he did on the inside.

Mechanically, he buggered up some emissions stuff, battery, and power steering pump. He cracked - destroyed a whole bunch of plastic stuff attached to the core support and inner fender.

Does anyone know of a 1999 Ford Ranger parts rig?
Last edited by SPR on Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't Text (at least not very well), I eat Blackberrys, and I only Twitter after sex...

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Postby Grumpy » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:07 pm

Well, now that that's done and out of the way...
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Danny
Peak Putters Associate
Peak Putters Associate

Postby Danny » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:49 pm

Steve....when HE gets it fixed he can drive it again.
Forget your age and live your life!

SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby SPR » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:47 am

when HE gets it fixed he can drive it again

He was only two months into his solo drive career when he pulled this stunt. The DMW has not contacted us yet to inform us of any restrictions on his license. As a kid, could you imagine how bad it would suck to loose your license until your 18.
I don't Text (at least not very well), I eat Blackberrys, and I only Twitter after sex...

SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby SPR » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:54 am

Slow progress on the repair but we're almost done. There are a lot of parts to be tracked down and paid for. I got lucky and found a used hood and fender in perfect condition at Tommy's ($180). I'm grateful that my dad could help us out with replacing the core support. This poor truck has been through hell. Between Dion and the previous owner (his aunt), this truck has been rear ended, T-boned on the front passenger tire, and most recently clipped on the front driver's side. Here are few pictures for the record.

This homemade frame machine was used to pull forward the cowl near the windshield. No frame damaged occurred during Dion's accident.

This is the replacement core support.

The truck is ready for the core support.

The hood hinges were straightened and the hood installed to verify that fenders and core support lined up well with the cab.

Vice clamp mania to fit the fender during spot welding. Good thing my welds will be covered by the fender :oops:

Except for soldering/repairing a bunch of broken light connectors, we simply need to bolt everything back on.

If I'm lucky, I'll only have to make one more trip to Tommy's to pick up some little plastic pieces that I forgot on my last two trips.

Jafo

Postby Jafo » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:45 pm

Just put some fiberglass fenders, a Camburg kit and run it.... :lol:
2018 JLU-R work in progress.

WRWP360

SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby SPR » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:05 pm

A 3.0 liter isn't worth "Running". We're nearly done. Just need a headlight assembly, gallon of anti freeze and battery. It seems that a working rig = good grades and a clean bedroom.

SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby SPR » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:45 am

The rotten kid's truck is finished. I guess this truck would be called a "30 footer" -- it's no where near perfect or even good, but it's good enough. I was surprised to find how difficult it is to line up (position) core-supports, hoods, fenders, bumpers, and fender flares. Even installing an aftermarket valance is a pain because nothing lined up right.

Danny
Peak Putters Associate
Peak Putters Associate

Postby Danny » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:09 am

Way to go guys....looks awesome from where I sit! Is it going to be in the shop for inspection on Saturday? Should be.
Forget your age and live your life!

Return to “Projects and Build-Ups”