XJ conversion

Post pics and info of your current projects.
Ace_Cherokee

Postby Ace_Cherokee » Thu May 15, 2014 9:45 am

Here is a short clip of it driving. I have the smoke turned way up but that will be fixed later today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu48MAzpVVY
Working on your rig is like a really great date: you start out expecting it to be something simple and straightforward; four hours later you're laying under her, panting and cursing, and things are a lot more complicated than you ever wanted.

Lurch
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lurch » Thu May 15, 2014 11:41 am

Nice to see that it drives again. Hope you can turn the pump back down easy. Nobody is gonna wheel with it smoking that bad.
You can follow me.... but it's gonna hurt ;)

Ace_Cherokee

Postby Ace_Cherokee » Thu May 15, 2014 12:01 pm

Lurch wrote:Nice to see that it drives again. Hope you can turn the pump back down easy. Nobody is gonna wheel with it smoking that bad.

I was just playing with it to see how much smoke it would produce. Yes I can and will turn it down. Just one screw on top of the injection pump.
Working on your rig is like a really great date: you start out expecting it to be something simple and straightforward; four hours later you're laying under her, panting and cursing, and things are a lot more complicated than you ever wanted.

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Thu May 15, 2014 1:29 pm

Since us XJ folks get a bad rap anyway.. .I humbly request that you not "roll coal" and that you, in fact, remove that term from your vernacular.

Nice work getting it on the road. 8)

Ace_Cherokee

Postby Ace_Cherokee » Thu May 15, 2014 2:41 pm

OldGreen wrote:Since us XJ folks get a bad rap anyway.. .I humbly request that you not "roll coal" and that you, in fact, remove that term from your vernacular.

Nice work getting it on the road. 8)

Thank you. It has been on the road for a while now just never take it out

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Thu May 15, 2014 2:49 pm

Some of us may have lost a bet. :roll:
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Ace_Cherokee

Postby Ace_Cherokee » Thu May 15, 2014 3:11 pm

ah yes, now I remember why I never updated this build thread.

Chrispy

Postby Chrispy » Fri May 16, 2014 7:48 pm

Good job!
HE TOOK THE BYPASS?? YEAH ITS A JEEP THING.

Return to “Projects and Build-Ups”