XJ conversion

Post pics and info of your current projects.
Ace_Cherokee

Postby Ace_Cherokee » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:53 pm

79chevy39.5's wrote:what pump does your motor have? i have a ve fuel pin in my box at work

It's the rotary pump. I'll try to find the page where I bought it off of so you can read full details
Last edited by Ace_Cherokee on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Working on your rig is like a really great date: you start out expecting it to be something simple and straightforward; four hours later you're laying under her, panting and cursing, and things are a lot more complicated than you ever wanted.

Ace_Cherokee

Postby Ace_Cherokee » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:20 am

Torque converter, Flex plate, adapter plate and starter are all ordered now
Last edited by Ace_Cherokee on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Working on your rig is like a really great date: you start out expecting it to be something simple and straightforward; four hours later you're laying under her, panting and cursing, and things are a lot more complicated than you ever wanted.

Ace_Cherokee

Postby Ace_Cherokee » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:43 am

Ace_Cherokee wrote:Torque converter, Flex plate, adapter plate and starter are all ordered now

I think 79chevy39.5's can help me with this.
Although I have these parts on the way, they do not come with the applicable bolts.
What size bolts will I need? I don't have a go/no go set to find out the good ol way.

79chevy39.5's

Postby 79chevy39.5's » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:26 pm

luckly all the bolts for a i think 94/95 dodge will work, your using factory adapter plate from the back of the block to the trans bellhousing correct?

Ace_Cherokee

Postby Ace_Cherokee » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:33 pm

79chevy39.5's wrote:luckly all the bolts for a i think 94/95 dodge will work, your using factory adapter plate from the back of the block to the trans bellhousing correct?

Yes I am. When it will arrive, I am not sure though. Torque converter is here though. Super fast shipping!

Ace_Cherokee

Postby Ace_Cherokee » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:31 am

Ace_Cherokee wrote:
79chevy39.5's wrote:luckly all the bolts for a i think 94/95 dodge will work, your using factory adapter plate from the back of the block to the trans bellhousing correct?

Yes I am. When it will arrive, I am not sure though. Torque converter is here though. Super fast shipping!

Bolt size: 3/8 X 24 thread for the torque converter

Ace_Cherokee

Postby Ace_Cherokee » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:43 pm

Hey guys. I was wondering if any one could help me locate 2nd gen ram diesel motor isolators. I am building motor mounts and I would like to use these

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Postby Grumpy » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:16 pm

Call Craig at PAW and see if they have any kicking around...
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Lurch
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lurch » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:54 pm

These guys make mounts that might be worth taking a look at.

http://www.locofomocoracing.com/page2.html
You can follow me.... but it's gonna hurt ;)

Ace_Cherokee

Postby Ace_Cherokee » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:16 am

Lurch wrote:These guys make mounts that might be worth taking a look at.

http://www.locofomocoracing.com/page2.html

Brilliant find Lurch!

Grumpy wrote:Call Craig at PAW and see if they have any kicking around...

Thank you, will do!

Ace_Cherokee

Postby Ace_Cherokee » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:32 am

79chevy39.5's

Postby 79chevy39.5's » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:11 pm

happy to see progress on this

Ace_Cherokee

Postby Ace_Cherokee » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:29 am

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:22 am

8) that is cool!
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

Lurch
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lurch » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:36 am

Good job!
You can follow me.... but it's gonna hurt ;)

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:20 am

:thu:
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Ace_Cherokee

Postby Ace_Cherokee » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:30 pm

Thanks guys! I wasn't expecting to start it last night but I got a little anxious. Flipped out after I did. Happy to see it running.

Lud
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lud » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:49 pm

Awesome. I've gotten to see a lot of the work you put into it. Now change that drivetrain... :lol:
2004 TJ Wrangler X (Rubiclone)
2.5" OME Lift, 1.25 in Body Lift, Flat Fender Flares
35x12.50x15 Maxxis Razor MTs
D30 ARB 4.56s Rear JKD44 w/ 8.8 disk brakes Ford 9" goodies, 4.56 and ARB.

Ace_Cherokee

Postby Ace_Cherokee » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:05 am

Lud wrote:Awesome. I've gotten to see a lot of the work you put into it. Now change that drivetrain... :lol:

Working on it! I am on the search for a slip yoke eliminator for my 241 transfer case. Seems to be only 1 good company that has it. Once that is in, I will look for new axles.

Ace_Cherokee

Postby Ace_Cherokee » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:00 am

Quick question if anyone can help me out.
I have been trying to source a dipstick and tube for my 47rh ( I have been checking junk yards for the 46 and 47rh/re ones) to no success.
Is it possible to get measurements from someone on length? Such as dip stick length, length to fill and good from the bottom and how deep it sticks into the pan.
I would be able to get a universal dipstick and go from there.
If no one has the measurements I should be able to fill it with the required amount of fluid and go from there?

79chevy39.5's

Postby 79chevy39.5's » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:34 pm

Ace_Cherokee

Postby Ace_Cherokee » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:04 am

I was testing some stuff out and busted the flex plate due to the wrong bolts being sent with it. New one is in and on this weekend

79chevy39.5's

Postby 79chevy39.5's » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:19 pm

is it a driver? what happened to the flex plate to break it?

Ace_Cherokee

Postby Ace_Cherokee » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:47 pm

79chevy39.5's wrote:is it a driver? what happened to the flex plate to break it?

The bolts were one size to small I guess or something like that. I had them torqued down but they backed out, stripped the thread on the bolts and eventually fell out causing the bolt holes to misshape due to the slack. I can post pictures once I get back over there. First need to fix the belt on my M5 that I broke today.

Ace_Cherokee

Postby Ace_Cherokee » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:00 pm

Well, drove it out of the garage yesterday

Return to “Projects and Build-Ups”