A new Playground

Post pics and info of your current projects.
Mandi

Postby Mandi » Thu May 08, 2014 3:50 pm

I LOVE YOU TJ DAVE!

Mandi

Postby Mandi » Thu May 08, 2014 3:54 pm

3 days and that's the best you could come up with? :lol:

It was 3 days before I gave the Ipad back....LOL

White trash

Postby White trash » Thu May 08, 2014 4:29 pm

TJDave wrote:My favorite version. 8) Wasn't the flamingo a bolt on? :lol:

I really liked that truck.

No bolts or screws needed! I bent the 1/8" wire legs around a welded tab on the winch mount. Ghettofabtabulous indeed! But it was MY ghettofab. :lol:

This was my favorite version by far. DD on 38's was great and it got wheeled a LOT. This pic is so old I was still running the stock 2wd fenders. :D

I know OG remembers this one. It was the first trip with dual ultimate t cases. (2.28 front backed up by 4.7's in the rear case) I was CRAWLING up webber in low/low first gear jaw jacking with my passenger and flopped it within sight of the pavement. :lol:

tobyw

Postby tobyw » Fri May 09, 2014 6:14 am

Wasn't that flop in weber canyon? I was there for that... I'll look for a picture... Good times!
Yep, I've wheeled one of those, too...

White trash

Postby White trash » Fri May 09, 2014 8:16 am

tobyw wrote:Wasn't that flop in weber canyon? I was there for that... I'll look for a picture... Good times!

Yes it was. :lol: That was the first trip on the completed drivetrain. Not long after that I sold the 37's, bought the 38's and put them on beadlocks. I ended up breaking the sector shaft on the Scout steering box coming out the optional exit of webber too. OG was there for that trip too I think. It wasn't much later that I went full hydraulic steering which fixed the problem but also took the truck off the road. I really should have just done hydro assist like I installed on all my friend's rigs. :roll:

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Fri May 09, 2014 8:38 am

Sounds familiar. Seems like I was walking the canyon when it happened. The pics are awesome because it looks like it was just flat ground. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

commando14
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby commando14 » Fri May 09, 2014 10:16 am

I was there as well... that was back when Toby had the red Cherokee..

http://www.peakputters.com/runs/webber05/index.html

Livin4Today

Postby Livin4Today » Fri May 09, 2014 10:19 am

White trash wrote:
TJDave wrote:My favorite version. 8) Wasn't the flamingo a bolt on? :lol:

I really liked that truck.

No bolts or screws needed! I bent the 1/8" wire legs around a welded tab on the winch mount. Ghettofabtabulous indeed! But it was MY ghettofab. :lol:

This was my favorite version by far. DD on 38's was great and it got wheeled a LOT. This pic is so old I was still running the stock 2wd fenders. :D

I know OG remembers this one. It was the first trip with dual ultimate t cases. (2.28 front backed up by 4.7's in the rear case) I was CRAWLING up webber in low/low first gear jaw jacking with my passenger and flopped it within sight of the pavement. :lol:

Now this I could wheel with, just don't like --uggies of any sort or the trouble they resonate (moving or not).

Now back to our disagreement - I take it you also welded your shocks on??? :conf:

Blasphemer! Liar! Hypocrite! :banni
Lance

Building a capable off roader is easy, building a street legal one that you can wheel and then drive daily is the challenge...

2007 JKU, 7" RK lift, 40s, ARBs, 5.38s, Headers, Fox Coilovers, etc. http://www.Livin4Today.com

White trash

Postby White trash » Fri May 09, 2014 10:52 am

commando14 wrote:I was there as well... that was back when Toby had the red Cherokee..

http://www.peakputters.com/runs/webber05/index.html

Holy crap it was on THAT run. Go figure I'd flop like a 'tard in front of a crowd. :lol:

JK Lance wrote:Now this I could wheel with, just don't like --uggies of any sort or the trouble they resonate (moving or not).

Now back to our disagreement - I take it you also welded your shocks on??? :conf:

Blasphemer! Liar! Hypocrite! :banni

If it helps the only stock mounts for anything on the truck at that time were the engine and body mounts. The t-case, leaf spring, seat, steering box and yes shock mounts were fabricated by me. So yes, while the shocks and misc items were indeed bolted on most of the parts were either engineered or re-engineered from stock by me. That truck was a 2wd when I got it. :wink:

By the end the only stock parts were the 3rd leaf down in the front leaf pack and the windshield wiper motor. Everything else was rebuilt, fabricated and modified from other rigs. There were dodge, IH, GM, ford, Toyota and datsun parts in it. :lol:

I get that you won't wheel with buggies, truggies etc. I didn't like being shown up when wheeling with them either so I built one rather than whining about them. :lol:

pascoscout

Postby pascoscout » Fri May 09, 2014 7:22 pm

I wanna know how you got the AW4 to work, been thinking about that as a possible for my 4runner to lose the integrated Tcase POS I have now. I get that it bolts up but sure there's some computer issues that'd have to be addressed.

Really nice rig... like the pic of it when it was bright pink

DougCampbell

Stinger

Postby DougCampbell » Fri May 09, 2014 8:54 pm

Lance your stinger is smaller! :lol:

Return to “Projects and Build-Ups”