Adding a 2nd locker

Post pics and info of your current projects.
Lud
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Adding a 2nd locker

Postby Lud » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:12 pm

Got my Jeep over to Lurch's yesterday and got to try out the new (to me) trailer.

Currently have the front end apart exept for the gears and carrier as the backlash has to be measured before it gets taken out.

In the open carrier's place is going an ARB air locker. I'm also replacing the stock shafts (inners and outers) and ujoints with chromoly shafts and bigger u joints. I've got the switch and solenoid already done in the Jeep so as soon as the Arb is in we'll be able to see if its working properly. Should be a nice addition to the rear ARB I already have.

Lud
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lud » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:39 pm

I was gonna take pics and keep you all updated on this but I just wanted to get the ARB in and get rolling again that I didn't stop. I got frustrated and got stuck in spots but with help (Lurch) I got it done.

Had a few hangups most notably have the copper tube air line to the seal housing for the ARB snap off at the base. Had to order a new one of those. That and I got to learn how not to put brake calipers back on.

Everything's working great now. Can't wait to hit the trails.

SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby SPR » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:35 am

Way to go...Diving into unkown territory is nerve racking and time consuming. But you're better for it. Since you had good oversight, you can have good confidence in your work.
I don't Text (at least not very well), I eat Blackberrys, and I only Twitter after sex...

Return to “Projects and Build-Ups”