front springs and adj. track bar-----help?

Post pics and info of your current projects.
TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

front springs and adj. track bar-----help?

Postby TJDave » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:35 am

well, UPS is not going to deliver my adj. track bar until this Tue.-I think the brown trucks are governed @ 60mph. Springs are still sitting here. Was hoping for some install help before Fri's Darland run/campout. If not, maybe after, and I will have to run lowboy in the snow :( thank-you, Dave.

oddball
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby oddball » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:52 am

What's the plans for your stock coils? I've got a 2003 Wrangler that I'd like to bring back down to size.

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:12 pm

if these work, you are welcome to the stock ones. If my front end sits too high after a winch, I'll have to get some rear ones as well. Maybe OME 2.5". The goal is to have it sit close to level. If I need new rear springs, you can have those as well. But, I have to get them off first :D do you know what kind of coils and how much lift is on your TJ?? Maybe we could swap. I'm stock with 2" spacer.

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby scumby » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:29 pm

help? i can help!

call me, al

oddball
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby oddball » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:07 pm

The coils I have are red in color and I estimate to be between a 2-4" lift. It raises a Rubicon enough to fit 35" tires. I'm all for a trade if they'd work for you. Scumbys help would be great.

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:02 pm

oddball wrote:The coils I have are red in color and I estimate to be between a 2-4" lift. It raises a Rubicon enough to fit 35" tires. I'm all for a trade if they'd work for you. Scumbys help would be great.

hmm...tempting. I planned on new 33's when my 32's wear out. I don't think my drivetrain could handle 35's until I do some major mods and axle swappage. If they are 2-3" they will work. These Rusty's 3" front springs should do for a while, but you can still have my stockers. If I remember right, they are #129---same front spring rate as a stock Rubi. Al--your help would be much appreciated, again! I will call you when my trac-bar arrives. Are they still producing that same brew you like??

oddball
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby oddball » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:53 pm

What adjustible track bar did you go with? cost?

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:23 pm

Ordered one from Rusty's offroad. $150.00 including shipping. Was alot cheaper than what JKS wanted for theirs, $250+ shipping. I hope it is just as good. Maybe I can look at your TJ and bring one of my Rusty's springs and a tape measure and we can try to figure out how big the lift is. If I can use your springs all around, maybe you could use the Rusty's 3" front and the stockers with the 2" spacer in the rear like I was going to do?????

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:57 pm

Let me know what night you are going to do this and I will see if I can get over and help. (And, I'd like to take a look at that track bar.)
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:12 am

Crawling around under my Jeep this morning...looking at the rear track bar set-up. I need a stock TJ to compare to: my rear axle is perfectly centered with the 2" spacer lift so I don't know if there is a trackbar bracket installed previously. If there is, it is one of the weld-on types, and I would need an adj. rear track bar too, if I lift my rear more. :shock: had to take one of my stupid dogs to the vet yesterday-again-and that took another big bite out of my Jeep fund. Bwah ha, get it?, big bite out of......anyway, might have to stick w/plan "A" unless Oddball's rubi has something to swap out in the rear.

oddball
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby oddball » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:45 am

Bring it over and compare. Phone # 545-6465, Curtis.

Return to “Projects and Build-Ups”