Tranny

Post pics and info of your current projects.
Lurch
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Tranny

Postby Lurch » Wed May 14, 2008 5:00 pm

I finally got the tranny pulled on my tow rig a 1995 F-350 diesel. Those that went on the snow run to ahtanum remember that we had to load it up on my brothers trailer and tow it home. Which meant that I had to drive my bronco home. Not fun but does better then I expected on the freeway.
It doesn't look as bad as I thought. I'm gonna tear it down tommorow so I'll take some pics. I'm crossing my fingers that it won't be to bad. There wasn't any metal in the pan so I'm hoping I can get away with just replacing the clutches, seals and the converter. :shock:

Lud
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lud » Wed May 14, 2008 6:17 pm

Sweet! That is good news.

Lurch
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lurch » Thu May 15, 2008 7:43 pm

Well went in early and tore down my trans. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought. No broken hard parts. The clutches aren't even burnt. It apears that it had rebuilt before with aftermarket parts and the torque converter failed. Unfortinatly it also took the pump with it and the solenoid body looks like it was damaged buy the previous hack :? . So I decided to go ahead and rebuild it. Ordered the parts this afternoon, new converter, pump, solenoid body, and overhaul kit (clutches and seals) I figure while I'm at it I will go ahead and install a transgo "tugger" shift kit :lol: . Spendy but still $700 cheaper then a reman even with the shift kit.

Lurch
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lurch » Wed May 21, 2008 5:17 pm

Got it done. Finished building it yesterday and put it in this moring and finished the little stuff on my lunch. Drives and shifts great now. The shift kit seems to help. Now I'll load up the camper and bronco and give it a good test run this weekend. :lol:

BullRider

Postby BullRider » Wed May 21, 2008 6:40 pm

Right on Lurch,
Hope to see you up in the Ahtanum/Naches area this weekend.
What does your trail rig look like?

Lurch
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lurch » Wed May 21, 2008 7:52 pm

Heres a pic from moab last month.
I won't have the soft top on. I damaged it on the last run up in the trees. I'm sure it won't be nearly as clean either. :D

Lud
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lud » Thu May 22, 2008 10:57 am

Good deal.

Is a shift kit generally a good idea for those Trannys? Maybe I'll think about that one in the future.

BullRider

Postby BullRider » Thu May 22, 2008 12:23 pm

Early bronco's rock :super
Won't mistake your rig if I see it. Thanks for the pic.

Return to “Projects and Build-Ups”