1965 jeep CJ6 tuxedo park

Post pics and info of your current projects.
warrpath4x4

1965 jeep CJ6 tuxedo park

Postby warrpath4x4 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:57 pm

hey all

i bought (or traded) this 65 CJ6 a few months ago. havent done a whole lot to it, but i have big plans for it (dont we all). it runs and drives, has the original 4cyl Fhead engine, 3 on the tree, and of course the mandatory rust. all ive really done to it was change the starter and carb, had the starter rebuilt (next time just buy a landcruiser starter) and bought a solex carb.

the plan:

TBI 350 (have)
TH400 (have)
NP205 (have)
fullsize dana 44 front 4.10's and locked (have)
14BFF 4.10's detroit (have)
56" springs front and rear (picking up tomorow)
double beadlocks (have)
35x12.50 BFG's (have)
build custom square tubing frame
bucket seats (have)
5-point harnesses (have)
custom roll cage (have tubing bender)
skin the sides
comp cut rear
tube front/rear fenders
winches front/rear (have 1)
cross over steering from WFO (have)

i know theres more but im working a double shift right now at work and cant think right lol.

onto the pics, oh yah a hippie had it hence the grill paint job.

Last edited by warrpath4x4 on Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

warrpath4x4

Postby warrpath4x4 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:01 pm

oh yah and the current roll bar in it is actually pipe that is threaded and 90degree elbow connectors for the corners :shock: didnt realize it when i bought it.

frame diagrams, i will be using a little bit of info from here and there.

bobracing

Postby bobracing » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:18 pm

65 tuxedo park IV, hmmm this seems kinda familiar.
I also see most of the tuxedo parts are missing or covered up anyways.

Since your building a new frame and putting full-size running gear under it, might want to make the frame 31.5" wide instead of the Jeep 27.5. Might make a little more interesting to mount the body but new body mounts are going to be fabbed anyways. With this width the springs will line up under the frame and also give the engine, trans, xfer room to move around.

warrpath4x4

Postby warrpath4x4 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:55 pm

yah i planned on playing around with frame dimensions ans also thought about doing to big block valve springs for the body mounts but the box will be sandwiched in between the roll cage mounting plates (with a shear pin or dowel running through the tubes), making it so that except for the flex of the rubber mounts on the body and roll cage, it will basicly be hard mounted.

yah most of the "tuxedo" parts are gone and about all thats left is the three on the tree and the tuxedo badges the previous owner painted over with house paint and a brush. the bench seat is a tuxedo park amenity but the one in there is out of a GM something. main reason i felt it wasnt worth the money and effort to restore, so its going to be a play toy.

sams88

Postby sams88 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:13 pm

warrpath4x4 wrote:yah most of the "tuxedo" parts are gone and about all thats left is the three on the tree and the tuxedo badges the previous owner painted over with house paint and a brush. the bench seat is a tuxedo park amenity but the one in there is out of a GM something. main reason i felt it wasnt worth the money and effort to restore, so its going to be a play toy.

heh heh lol yup, know how that goes. I've got one of those "play toys" now too! :D
90 MJ, 5.5" RE Long arm
88 yota p/u

Return to “Projects and Build-Ups”