Walla Walla snow run w lots of diggin, late 80's?

Got old-school offroad pics? Post em up.
iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:28 am

OldGreen wrote:OH yeah. . .didn't you work with Tim Henrich?

Yes, at McCurley's after Shumate sold it. Best guy to work on your Mazda (and just about anything else.) 8-)

commando14
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby commando14 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:36 pm

iaccocca, i talked to my dad last night (RoyBoy on the forum) and he says he remembers you and your Jeepster from back in the day. He remembered the roll too. He has the maroon Jeepster.. I have a yellow Jeepster too.

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:36 pm

I remember Roy. I suspected that was your dad. If I remember right, he lived just up the street from me on 10th. I used to go to him for Jeepster advice. I do love Jeepsters. Is your Jeepster that super clean yellow one with the purple roll cage?

commando14
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby commando14 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:52 am

iaccocca wrote:I remember Roy. I suspected that was your dad. If I remember right, he lived just up the street from me on 10th. I used to go to him for Jeepster advice. I do love Jeepsters. Is your Jeepster that super clean yellow one with the purple roll cage?

Yea that was probably right, we used to live right off of 10th across from Freddy's. He's out in Finley now, I'm back in Kennewick. Yep that yellow Jeepster with the purple cage would be mine. Rebuilt it with my dad when I was in high school. Actually he did most of the real work, I was a parts cleaner! It sits in the garage most of the time.

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Holy thread rivial Batman...

Postby iaccocca » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:09 pm

commando14 wrote:iaccocca, i talked to my dad last night (RoyBoy on the forum) and he says he remembers you and your Jeepster from back in the day. He remembered the roll too. He has the maroon Jeepster.. I have a yellow Jeepster too.

Here is the rolled Jeepster...

Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Postby Grumpy » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:21 pm

Uh, oops :!:
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

commando14
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Re: Holy thread rivial Batman...

Postby commando14 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:17 am

iaccocca wrote:Here is the rolled Jeepster...

Dang... the roof came down pretty far.. if I remember correctly my dad said you got out before it rolled.

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Re: Holy thread rivial Batman...

Postby iaccocca » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 pm

commando14 wrote:
Dang... the roof came down pretty far.. if I remember correctly my dad said you got out before it rolled.

Yeah, right rear tire was deep in a rut and left front was in the air. I had made my brother and future ex-sister-in-law get out a bit before. He was hanging on the front bumper and she was holding the drivers door open for me. When I got out to survey the situation the difference in my weight leaving (and I was a little boy back then) was enough that it flipped away from me down Jump Off Joe. My tool box had been behind the driver's seat, a chain in the Jeep wrapped around the steering column 4 or 5 times. We found the spare tire a few miles from the base of Jump Off Joe. If the roof had not gotten me, quite a few other things would have.
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Re: Walla Walla snow run w lots of diggin, late 80's?

Postby iaccocca » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:42 pm

commando14 wrote:Image

The owner of this Jeepster just introduced himself to me as a former Putter while installing a new fancy-dancy PUD meter at my place. Sorry, I did not catch his name, but I'm sure David, Roy, Jim, or... will be able to post up. The Jeepster now has a Buick V-8, Ford 4-speed, full cage, etc. and he is looking to sell it. He'd like $3500, but does not know what he will get.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:20 pm

That'd be Izzy (Isley. . .first name left out on the interweb). . .
The Putters used to be VERY P.U.D. heavy

Does it still have the elk scrotum shift handle?

The orange Jeep belonged to the Smith's. Wonder if they still have it. . .Mr. S. rolls in a chair these days.

Return to “Old-School Pics & Videos”