Operation Light Saber

Read here for information about us.

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Mon May 03, 2010 11:54 am

Grumpy wrote:Drowning his sorrows...

Building up my courage... gotta show this mug to my wife afterwards. :shock:
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Postby Grumpy » Mon May 03, 2010 11:55 am

:lol:
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Mon May 03, 2010 1:29 pm

Here is an email from a classmate of mine and fellow Navy brat who got a wild hair up his... after seeing the post about Operation Light Saber and my challenge on FaceBook...

Andrea,

Yes, the Peak Putters is who I was talking about. Lee is an old friend of mine and when I saw the post, I thought I would try to help where I can. So, I have two things that I would like to do to help out.

#1: Once Lee’s Peak Putter contribution is in, I will be issuing a challenge to my East Coast friends to try and exceed their donation. I will also offer up my wavy locks if we exceed whatever Peak Putters raises. It is quite a sacrifice on my part, as my Herculean mane is the stuff of legend (before pic attached). ;)

#2: I would offer up to your magazine and interesting opportunity to increase donations through your website. Two business partners of mine own a company that helps charities to raise money. They are http://www.idonatenow.com. Basically, your readers who donate over $x (they recommend $25) would get a code to visit http://www.getmycalendar.com and then they could create their own custom calendar. They can upload their own pictures (Lee getting his hair cut off will be my cover. ), put in their own dates, Etc.. Etc..

If you would like to check it out, go to www.getmycalendar.com and use code G6265XK3. This is a one-time use code, but, you will not have to pay and they will send you a calendar in the mail. iDonatenow keeps a portion of the money to cover production costs, but you would need to talk to them about the splits. If you are interested, let me know and I will put you in touch with the owners so that you can get the actual details as opposed to relying on my aging memory

Thanks,
Richard

Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby SPR » Mon May 03, 2010 4:30 pm

Thanks for volunteering Steve, but I already have a pro lined up for that

Hell Lee, I have cut/buzzed/shaved my own hair for years -- don't even need a mirror anymore. I bet your "pro" has never shaved her own head. I will have the trimmer ready just is case you change your mind.
I don't Text (at least not very well), I eat Blackberrys, and I only Twitter after sex...

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Mon May 03, 2010 4:32 pm

Sveta wrote:First $40 make it to the treasurer by the eagle eye of sillyputty. Donations are welcomed and will be forwarded to Lee.

Check went in the mail Saturday....$40 scoobs.

:mosc All the smilees are bald, so I picked this one.
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

Lud
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lud » Wed May 05, 2010 8:16 pm

Check for 30 bucks in mail tomorrow morning....
2004 TJ Wrangler X (Rubiclone)
2.5" OME Lift, 1.25 in Body Lift, Flat Fender Flares
35x12.50x15 Maxxis Razor MTs
D30 ARB 4.56s Rear JKD44 w/ 8.8 disk brakes Ford 9" goodies, 4.56 and ARB.

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Thu May 06, 2010 8:30 am

I'll be dropping mine off with Sveta today or tomorrow...
Dave

Quote:

-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

A teaser...

Postby iaccocca » Fri May 07, 2010 7:54 am

N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Fri May 07, 2010 8:41 am

Uh, is this the only shot we're gonna get :?:
Dave

Quote:

Danny
Peak Putters Associate
Peak Putters Associate

Postby Danny » Fri May 07, 2010 1:17 pm

Lee, when do we get the shaved photo?
Forget your age and live your life!

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Fri May 07, 2010 1:35 pm

Okay, my 40, plus 40 from Steve, are with Sveta. That should put us over 500 if everything adds up right 8)
Dave

Quote:

Sveta
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Sveta » Mon May 10, 2010 12:24 pm

Ok, with Dave's and Steve's $80 for total of $366 ( :!: !!!!) was deposited to PP account on Saturday. I know that there are still some checks in the mail and some other promised donations. We are waiting for them!!

--Where is a final photo, Lee? Full head shaved.

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Mon May 10, 2010 12:30 pm

Sveta wrote:Ok, with Dave's and Steve's $80 for total of $366 ( :!: !!!!) was deposited to PP account on Saturday. I know that there are still some checks in the mail and some other promised donations. We are waiting for them!!

--Where is a final photo, Lee? Full head shaved.

I have Rob's (Lud) check for $30, so we're close to $400. We get our pledges in we should see $500. I see $80 in unpaid pledges on my scratch sheet... if they come in I'll be sure to make it $500.

Pics later this afternoon... but those that weren't at the brewery on Thursday night missed seeing it in person. :lol:
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Mon May 10, 2010 3:17 pm

I misread my tally from earlier; we have $150 in outstanding pledges (not $80), so we are in shape to do great work with OLS and challenge other clubs to do the same. Please get those checks out if you have not already.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Mon May 10, 2010 4:33 pm

Thanks everybody for your contributions and pledges before and during the meeting the other night for Operation Light Saber. I got some checks in the mail before the meeting and I got Lud’s check after the meeting. I know that Dave Walters got his and Steve’s contributions to Sveta and we should be sitting pretty with our gift to OLS. I am very excited about sharing the club’s and friends’ of the club’s generosity with OLS and Off Road Adventures magazine, so please, if you have not gotten your pledge to me or Sveta, send it out as soon as you can. Or, if it would help, I’ll come to you and pick it up. (Want to see a bald man in a topless Jeep in the rain?)
As promised my head is shaved. Thank you to my friend and owner of Z-Place Salon and Spa, Vonda Smith. Her contribution was to use her time, treasure, and talent to properly shave my head as a contribution to the effort. (Steve R., she suggests you keep your day job.)
Here are the pics…
I will get with Sveta soon to get our final tally so we can get the check out to OLS and an article about this silliness out to Off-Road Adventures magazine. And the challenge to my east coast wheeling friend can be quantified so that he will be forced to match our generosity (good luck.) It is so good to be part of a group that is doing such real, generous, and patriotic good for our troops that are doing so much more for us.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Danny
Peak Putters Associate
Peak Putters Associate

Postby Danny » Mon May 10, 2010 5:25 pm

Lee, we're all still waiting to see a "real shaved" picture!!! These are just of the buzzzzzzzz.
Forget your age and live your life!

oddball
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby oddball » Mon May 10, 2010 8:11 pm

Great job Lee. At least you have a round head.

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Mon May 10, 2010 8:47 pm

oddball wrote:At least you have a round head.

I am surprised as anybody. :shock:
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Mon May 10, 2010 9:13 pm

iaccocca wrote:I misread my tally from earlier; we have $150 in outstanding pledges (not $80), so we are in shape to do great work with OLS and challenge other clubs to do the same. Please get those checks out if you have not already.

Jeff Richmond (Getzpaid) our newest canidate dropped by earlier with his $20 pledge. :)
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

GetZPayd

Postby GetZPayd » Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 am

Its Payd...with a y :) you spelled Jeff right tho

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Tue May 11, 2010 8:28 pm

And my daughter's Kindergarten teacher ponied up $5 to find out why her pupil's dad was bald.

Sorry Getzpayd... I have a heck of a times with the names and especially the nicknames, just ask Crash, I mean Wench, I mean Wrench... see what I mean.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Wrench
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Wrench » Wed May 12, 2010 5:42 am

Dude,
now all you need is a couple a 'tats, studs, and rings to go with that mobster 'doo! :twisted:

Great job, Lee!
Paul
'84 XJ, '19JL

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Fri May 14, 2010 11:56 am

Sveta wrote:Ok, with Dave's and Steve's $80 for total of $366 ( :!: !!!!) was deposited to PP account on Saturday. I know that there are still some checks in the mail and some other promised donations. We are waiting for them!!

Okay Sveta,
Where are we at? $366 deposited, I’m looking at $30 from a Putter and $20 from a candidate in my hand. And, I have $50 from people that heard what we are doing and wanted to help out. You got $30 from Don. My math says $496- I call that $500 (look to me for the $4.) I think pledges from Jim and Tim each for $30 is outstanding, so I think we can safely write the check to OLS for $560. Does that sound right? If so, I’ll guarantee the outstanding $60; if it is not paid by the end of the next meeting.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

CopenhagenCowboy

Postby CopenhagenCowboy » Fri May 14, 2010 1:03 pm

it makes you look tough. lol IF WE REACH 700 DOLLARS LEE GETS A HEAD TATTOO! like a spider web, or better yet a guy pushing a lawnmower so it looks like someone is trimming his hair. hahaha
"a road is merely a suggestion" "Your ricers not so fast with a Jeep on it" "When was the last time you got an adrenaline rush at 3mph?" "Jeeps dont leak, they just mark their territory"

mtnbound

Postby mtnbound » Sat May 15, 2010 4:12 am

I cant belive I missed this. another $30 on the way :D :D
John
'87 Sami

www.wazuks.com

Return to “Peak Putter Club Information”