Lance (and Mandi?) . . . a word of thanks

Read here for information about us.

OldGreen

Lance (and Mandi?) . . . a word of thanks

Postby OldGreen » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:08 pm

Even though I was asked to be the "keeper" of the club binders many years ago, I don't get the chance to thumb through them very often.

The photos are kind of like a snapshot of my childhood from 1972 through 198X. Not only are there photos of all of my friends, their parents and my parents, but all of my siblings (there are 5 of us), both sets of grandparents (on the Chapman lake fishing run), my aunt and uncle, my brother in-law, nephews and many other people that were close to me growing up plus a few that are close now!! Including the CEO of my company!

I can smell the dirt at Columbia Point, feel the rumble of open headers in Granger, taste the rain in Starkey, and hear the sounds of "Happy Birthday" at buck meadows (I spent more childhood birthdays on the Shoestring than at home).

There are even some painful memories of those that have passed or made very bad choices, but that is all a part of the history of this family.

So, while my name my not be on the current membership roster, the Peak Putters will always be my family.

Thank you for memorializing our family history!

Mandi

Postby Mandi » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:42 pm

Thank you Jimmy,
The credit goes all to Lance.....he is the tech talented trooper who has been enthusiasitically tackling this project.

I am glad you are enjoying the posts.
I know I am grateful for the history lesson.
It is enlightening to know where this club began and what it has accomplished.
As we move forward as an organization I hope it serves to inspire us all.

Merry Christmas!

Return to “Peak Putter Club Information”