A&B "lets see if she holds together" run 1-17-

Area for everyone to post pics and reports of new runs and events.

Moderator: SPR

Wrench
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

A&B "lets see if she holds together" run 1-17-

Postby Wrench » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:25 pm

So, I have been itching to get the Wrangler out for a good spin, trying to work all the bugs out. I found the radiator would not hold pressure, which ended up being a combination of a bad radiator cap, and the radiator slowly seeping around the top.

I borrowed the radiator cap from the Cherokee and went for a test-run. Once I was sure the system was holding well enough, I called Chrispy to see what he was up to. Low and behold, he and SillyPutty were planning a little jaunt within the next hour up to A&B.

No offense meant to anyone, I simply had no time to call an official run ahead of time. According the the Bylaws, this would not meet the criteria for an "official club run" anyway.

I texted ZMBEKLR to let him know what was going on. We met at the Conoco at Benton City around 11am and headed out to the offroad "parking lot". There, we aired down, met up with Chrispy, Silly Putty, another guy in a Grand Cherokee, and proceeded towards the canyons.

We successfully assaulted the last three canyons with before we decided we had enough of the rain. A few rigs were scraped and bruised, but we made it OK.

Gotta say; that little YJ of mine is a trooper!

Last edited by Wrench on Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul
'84 XJ, '19JL

ZMBEKLR

Lots of Fun

Postby ZMBEKLR » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:56 pm

Thanks Wrench for taking us out. Was a lot of fun......although I think I suffered the worst BOO BOO out of the group :roll: Caught the driver rear corner of the soft top on a big rock wall, its the same spot that Wrench is very close to doing the same thing in the pictures below.

You not having fun unless you break something.....I guess.

Lurch
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lurch » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:21 pm

Looks like a good time.
You can follow me.... but it's gonna hurt ;)

Return to “Recent Run Reports - All Other Runs”