PNW4WDA Trail Jamboree 2015

Area for everyone to post pics and reports of new runs and events.

Moderator: SPR

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

PNW4WDA Trail Jamboree 2015

Postby TJDave » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:03 pm

9 days in the mountains with a quick trip home for a family 4th of July.
So much fun.
Too tired to download pics now, I'll get the report up in the next day or two.

But, I will leave one pic from yesterday's Rattlesnake Trail run.

2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:53 pm

Whose on their lid?
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:36 am

iaccocca wrote:Whose on their lid?

One of the participants in a CJ. Everyone in it was OK.
This happened on the narrow sidehill section...and why this trail has width restrictions.
He said he took his eyes off the edge for just a second...
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

Mandi

Postby Mandi » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:38 am

Thanks so much to Barb for picking me up on Friday so I cold join in the fun! I got to add Rocky Saddle, Shoestring and the Little Rubicon to my driver check list! And I met some wonderful new friends along the way! Great time!

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:56 pm

I left late Friday the 3rd and met up with Leonard at the Desert Rats usual spot under the shade trees.

The first trip out was an escape route mission. Due to the heat and fire danger, we thought it would be a good idea to know how to bail on the forest roads should the need arise. Heading back through Mt. Rainier National Park.

The next day a bunch of us went on a work party to the Naches Pass trail to fix a bridge that had been damaged. The PNW4WDA trailer was at the Forest Service work center, where we picked up some planks for the bridge.

The bridge is in pretty bad shape and we did not have enough planks to fix every broken one. So the decision was made to span the gaps longways in one section. It will hopefully be rebuilt next spring.

Meanwhile back at camp, Leonard noticed both his rear axle seals were shot and leaking fluid all over the inside of the tires. He hitched a ride with Barb to Tri Cities, with the shafts, to use his shop press for the fix.

Gary H. and I pre ran the Little Rattlesnake.

Engine troubles??

Nope. Hot Dogs!!

Jim Sprick Park was filling in fast. Curtis, Al, and Lance were able to find good spots with plenty of room for their motorhomes.

Cont.
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:19 pm

It's Thursday morning! Time to start the Jamboree runs. Hosting with the Desert Rats, Manastash was our first run.

This is the usual staging area next to the Park. Next year there will be a new fire station here. More on that later.

Manastash Lake lookout.

Cute Jeep girl! :love

Made our way past Funny and Moon Rock areas

Friday was the Naches Pass run. This was one of the runs that were staged off site to practice for next year. All runs will be staged off site due to the new Fire Station, and limited room at the Park.

This run was staged at the Mathers Memorial Parkway. Look who showed up! :D

What a great day. Nice cool weather, and a little rain.

The West Side was really fun

Lunch time in the cool misty fog on the West Side. I even had to put a sweatshirt on! 8)

Quick stop at the Cliff, and it was back up the fun West Side.

cont.
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:59 pm

Saturday was the Little Rattlesnake...Again!
This Scrambler ran the Manastash with us on Thursday. He ran Funny/Moon rocks on Friday. This is how it looked Saturday morning. Could it be a sign of things to come?

My oldest daughter, and granddaughters arrived Friday night, making their way back from a Northern Cali trip. The young girls spent their first Jeeping adventure on the Little Rattlesnake. 16 yr old Brandy drove to the trail head where the old man (me) took over.

About halfway through the trail, a call comes across the radio from Earl, who was tailgunning this run. Roll over.
On the narrow sidehill section, a CJ driver had taken his eye off the edge for just a second, he said. That was enough to drop a tire over the edge, and away she went. Luckily, no one in the Jeep was injured.

After finding room to let two Jeep behind me go by, I back down the trail to be the anchor. Earl used his winch and a block to get the Jeep back on all fours.

That's Earl's grandson Brad in the green shirt who did a great job setting up the recovery. It was back on the trail in no time.

Silly girls having fun.

It'll buff out. After a fluid check, she fired right up, and made it out under her own power. Hard to kill an Inline 6.

Back on the narrow road.

Saturday night was the live band, and some Jello shots at the Northridge camp.
Another great Jamboree in the books with great friends. Only damage for me was a overextended passenger mirror, small windshield frame dent, and a stowaway under the Jeep.
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:07 pm

:thu2:
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Return to “Recent Run Reports - All Other Runs”