Father-Daughter Flat Fender Shakedown Run

Area for everyone to post pics and reports of new runs and events.

Moderator: SPR

tobyw

Father-Daughter Flat Fender Shakedown Run

Postby tobyw » Mon May 01, 2017 8:20 pm

The weather report showed marginal weather to the East, so we decided to head West instead. Gathering at the West Richland Maverik at 0730, we fueled the steeds while the minions fueled themselves:

With everyone ready to go, we hopped on the freeway and were Westbound and down by 0745, heading for the Ahtanum Snow Park. This was the unofficial Father/Daughter run, so here was my co-dawg for the day:

Also in attendance were Boyscout with his daughter "The Madi", Rottwheeler with his daughter and his wife, and Old Green with his daughter in spirit for sure (yay school!!)

After a quick pitstop at the Ahtanum gas station and eatery, we made our way to the thriving metropolis of Tampico, and eased our way through the heavy traffic:

At the snow park, everyone let the psi's escape and prepared their rigs for the assault on the summit by way of the Middle Fork road. Up we headed. Remember that part about airing down? Well, everyone did except me, which quickly became obvious as we unsuccessfully navigated the first couple of snow drifts, nearly resulting in an early end to the day. A quick pull of the valve cores had us back up and running:

We quickly made our way up the hill, playing around in a few of the wide open areas:

In typical fashion, pranks were pulled:

At the intersection with the Treephones, Chris decided to look for China:

With that taken care of, we continued up. For a little while at least. Because, well, this happened:

And then it happened again:

And again:

The pattern was repeating at an unrelenting pace, and with the mountain only fighting back harder as we approached the summit, the decision was made to call it a day, eat some lunch, shoot the breeze, and generally enjoy the day instead. With bellies full and smiles all around, we headed back down toward the snow park:

My co-dawg took a little snooze in the warm sun:

Back at the snow park, psi's were reintroduced to their holding pens, and the rigs were headed back toward home:

Overall it was a FANTASTIC day, albeit highly frustrating for one guy in particular. Oh well, that's what shakedown runs are all about, right?! :oops:
Yep, I've wheeled one of those, too...

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Re: Father-Daughter Flat Fender Shakedown Run

Postby TJDave » Tue May 02, 2017 2:27 am

8) Very nice run report.

I know you'll have the overheating flatty sorted out in quick order. How'd it do other than that?
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

tobyw

Postby tobyw » Tue May 02, 2017 6:39 pm

Aside from the overheating and the massive suck brought by the old, stiff, and worn out Swampers, I could not have been happier. It's a far cry from the comparatively cush confines of the LJ, but it certainly puts a smile on my face 8)
Yep, I've wheeled one of those, too...

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Tue May 02, 2017 7:53 pm

This was fun. Even when I almost fell off the road!

Return to “Recent Run Reports - All Other Runs”