Father-Son Run 7-28-2018

Area for everyone to post pics and reports of new runs and events.

Moderator: SPR

tobyw

Father-Son Run 7-28-2018

Postby tobyw » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:14 am

In what I'm hoping will be the first of many simular trips in the coming years, the boy and I loaded up our respective outfits and headed for higher elevation:

We were racing the sun as it crested the horizon, and we pulled into the Nasty Creek corrals only to be pleasantly surprised to find the ground was wet! Sure enough, it had rained within the last 24 hours, and the first part of our day would be cool and dust free! Things were working out!

We poked our way along the entire Nasty Creek trail, made the quick zig-zag and began our way up Ewe Neck:

Unfortunately there was a heavy haze in the air, presumably from all of the fires surrounding the area, but it was still a much better view than anything from the couch:

From the Ewe Neck viewpoint heading West, things dried out quickly and soon enough we were in the choking powerdy dust that we had been expecting. We eased over to the snow cabin above Blue Lake for a quick lunch and another bottle of water, as the heat of the day was starting to settle in:

The hill below the cabin that drops you down to Blue Lake is always fun, and this time was no exception. Even being bone dry, it's slippery as can be due to the silty soil and loose round rocks. The boy did a fine job piloting the RZR down the slope, keeping it under control even when the ground gave out. He's clearly been taking notes from his grandpa, becasue I sure as heck don't drive that well:

After the photo op at Blue Lake, we meandered our way down the North Fork and eventually back to the trailer at Nasty Creek. Overall it was a fantastic father-son day in the woods, albeit a little hot and dusty, but one that neither of us can wait to repeat! 8) 8)
Yep, I've wheeled one of those, too...

Return to “Recent Run Reports - All Other Runs”