Juniper cleanup 4/13/19

Area for everyone to post pics and reports of new runs and events.

Moderator: SPR

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Juniper cleanup 4/13/19

Postby TJDave » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:49 pm

At the last minute, I decided to join up with some Desert Rats for the annual Juniper Dunes Cleanup put on by the Midnight Mudders.
The turnout was really good. Motorized recreationalist of all types attended. The park Rangers had a couple pretty neat new side x sides they were riding in.
The new road was not open yet, but it was pretty impressive as we headed that way from Smith Canyon. The road will run from the Kahlotus hiway all the way up to the upper lot road.
Desert Rats Earl, Pat, Brian, and myself followed the gas line all the way out to the big hill climb. We didn't really find much except for a few bottles and cans along the way. Perfect conditions at the dunes with lots of moisture in the sand.
The raffle was held at the upper lot, with lunch provided at 1pm. We made a plan to make our way back a little early to air up and de-flag. We knew a storm was brewing and didn't want to by airing up in the pouring rain. The plan worked because the storm hit as soon as the grand prize was given away.
Had a great time. Here is the pics that I took.

Smith Canyon signup area

Optical illusion of a TJ hiding an LJImage

Smith Canyon from the top of the hill. Pictures have a way of flattening hills! :D

Our spot at the upper Mudder camp raffle area

Nice trailer for sale there today
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Re: Juniper cleanup 4/13/19

Postby Grumpy » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:38 pm

:thu2:
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Return to “Recent Run Reports - All Other Runs”