Unofficial PUAM/Litter protest 2020

Area for everyone to post pics and reports of new runs and events.

Moderator: SPR

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Unofficial PUAM/Litter protest 2020

Postby TJDave » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:25 am

As with all things 2020, this year's PUAM was officially cancelled. :cry: But, the PNW4WDA Region 4, and Gold Creek Station put on an unofficial clean up. I named it a litter/garbage protest, to lessen the guilt of attending a gathering during the Covid shutdown. :roll: I did not take many pictures.

The towed Gladiators left town early Friday morning. A quick stop to add one more RV towing a Jeep to the convoy at the Prosser rest area. We arrived at our destination, Elk Ridge Campground, right next door to the shut down Jim Sprick park. In our group: The Connells, Cunninghams, Greg, Gerald & Kelly, and Mark from the Desert Rats. Since the Chinook Fest Music Festival at Jim Sprick was cancelled the week before, some of the musicians had the same idea we did by booking sites at Elk Ridge. They played music in the open wedding area out back. Nice surprise for us.
After a late night of fun and snacks, we headed to Gold Creek Station for breakfast and clean-up sign-up. This was the first indoor dining experience for me since the 2 week flatten the curve started....over 5 months ago. We were asked to concentrate on the dispersed camping areas along Forest road 1900/Little Naches. We hit a ton of them. We collected enough stuff almost fill the beds of the two Gladiators. But, it was not nearly as bad as we were expecting. Maybe some other groups cruised through before us, since we had a late start. :oops: It did take some hunting in the trees to find what we found. Not much out in the open. Michael scored the coveted toilet this year. A RV toilet someone decided to replace and toss out at their campsite. Who does that? :evil:
After the hunt, we headed back to the dumpster at Gold Creek to unload where we found this awesome JKU Jeep pickup conversion thing. We drooled over it, then went back to camp to listen to the live music.
It was a great time. A Friday night rain storm cleared out any remaining smoke and it was a perfect clear, dust free Saturday. Thank you for all who attended.

2hr2jt.jpg
2hr2jt.jpg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 2301 times

puam1.jpg
puam1.jpg (1.78 MiB) Viewed 2301 times

puam2.jpg
puam2.jpg (1.73 MiB) Viewed 2301 times

puam3.jpg
puam3.jpg (1.89 MiB) Viewed 2301 times
Attachments
jkutruck.jpg
jkutruck.jpg (124.9 KiB) Viewed 2301 times
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

tobyw

Re: Unofficial PUAM/Litter protest 2020

Postby tobyw » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:06 pm

:thu:

Nice work guys, love to see the Gladiators out and about!!
Yep, I've wheeled one of those, too...

Return to “Recent Run Reports - All Other Runs”