Snow level check

Area for everyone to post pics and reports of new runs and events.

Moderator: SPR

Roman
Peak Putters President
Peak Putters President

Snow level check

Postby Roman » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:43 am

Got a wild hair to go wheeling yesterday.

Tuesday morning Todd and I rolled out of town at 6am to day trip Rimrock. Todd's got a warm fuzzy spot for Ahtanum. Grew up camping up there. Well we've made a few trips up there over the last year to get his wheeling legs under him. He's a natural!

The cross over to Rimrock has been a very tempting adventure, but since its still early in the season I did know better than to just dump in from the Ahtanum side. Talk about full commit!

I also took this opportunity to let Todd get his feet wet in leading. GPS mapping apps make it almost like cheating. I couldn't imagine navigating most of those trails with a paper map. It's been years since I've wheeled Rimrock, and it didn't disappoint!

I'm glad we chose a week day to do this. There were campers every where! On a Tuesday!! :scared:
Not many wheelers, just folks enjoying the great outdoors. But I'm imaging weekends are going to be packed all summer.

Back the this trip...

We unloaded and hit the trail shortly after 8:30 and cruised up the road. Cows are BIG, and leak "droppings" at will. Even as they walk across the paved roads. Mud isn't the only substance wide tires fling into the cab :deg
We ran up to the Short Cut trail, that cuts off a lot of Short and Dirty. We had a goal to try to get to the ridge and knew we had a lot of ground to clear so jumping in later in the trail was acceptable.

There were some u-turns, there were some equipment failures (someone forgot to reattach the air locker solenoid ground wire on my jeep... :oops: )
There is still snow at the base of the ridge, and we were denied our main goal, but we definitely had a good time, and made it back to the trailers well before dark.

I'm beat, my shoulder is wasted and I can't wait to do it again!
20210608_100315.jpg
20210608_100315.jpg (1.42 MiB) Viewed 2267 times
20210608_133450.jpg
20210608_133450.jpg (1.69 MiB) Viewed 2267 times
20210608_100306.jpg
20210608_100306.jpg (1.6 MiB) Viewed 2267 times

tobyw

Re: Snow level check

Postby tobyw » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:20 am

Awesome, we are hoping to get up in that area sometime over the next few weekends :thu:
Yep, I've wheeled one of those, too...

Return to “Recent Run Reports - All Other Runs”