RS 4x4 Spring Rally 2024

Area for everyone to post pics and reports of new runs and events.

Moderator: SPR

Roman
Peak Putters President
Peak Putters President

RS 4x4 Spring Rally 2024

Postby Roman » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:20 am

Vehicle #1 off the line brought home the hardware!
(Last place finisher...) :woot:

Casey agreed to be my navigator for this event, and boy did he not realize what he was getting himself into!
We had a blast, lots of learning along the way with some improvement ideas for the next event :thu2:

We didn't snap a single pic, but Mandy was clicking pics at the driver meeting. 10:30ish we arrived at the Uptown for Spudnuts and elbow running. Line up was quick and at 11:59 we were handed the navigation book.

12:00:00 vehicle #1 was off the line.

12:00:58 vehicle #1 made the first of many wrong turns!

12:02:15 we pulled over to reassess life choices

By check point #1 we thought we had this game figured out and (thought) we were NAILING this game!

Check point #2 comments "Wow, I didn't expect you guys already" This is a time/distance event, not a RACE.

Check point #3 was set up in slightly the wrong spot leading us to head off the wrong way (kind of the point) Every rig but 1 went our way so it shouldn't have hurt us too much

Now out in the farm roads south of McBee hill we really ran into our short comings. Cell service is spotty out there and Google Maps/iPhone maps kind of left us to wander on our own! We learned to read ahead to try to figure out the clues/instructions we missed.

After about 6 or 7 miles of zig zags we found Lance and Mandy at Check point #4

After some winding on course we find ourselves in the Reata area, and in short order knock down Check point #5

Nose down following instructions we come out in a part of town I've never seen before, I'm lost, I have lost all sense of what's up/down. How long have I been out here, how have my gas tank lasted this long? Am I Skipper? Is Casey Gilligan?

Oh look, Badger Mountain Park. How the heck did we come out here?

Down the highway from Queensgate we go crossing the Yak I spot Tigger Jeep over at Chamna Park! Finish line in sight, damn the directions, I know the way...

Finish line complete, +64:45 above allowed time

We followed everyone to Sterlings for some grub and the raffle presentation. All proceeds of the event and raffle go the family of fallen WSP Trooper Christopher Gadd

RS 4x4 put on one heck of a fun event and I will definitely be participating in the next rally!

Gregandlina
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Re: RS 4x4 Spring Rally 2024

Postby Gregandlina » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:55 am

But was it better than getting stuck in the snow? (JKs still don’t float)
2012 JKUR
Dashboard Hula Girl
Stubby Antenna

Return to “Recent Run Reports - All Other Runs”