Glad to find you guys.

If you're new to our board please make your first post here and introduce yourself.
Jeep_Guy3

Glad to find you guys.

Postby Jeep_Guy3 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:41 am

hey all i am 18 and have owned 2 different jeep xjs since i was 15. i enjoy working on them and making them my own. i have built my own bumpers and roof rack and think they look respectable. my jeep isnt that modified but i am working on it slowly, money as a college student is tight so its a slow process haha heres some pics of my current jeep, sure youve seen it around town, im looking forward to talking to guys local that like what i like and seeing some of your guys rigs.

I am not a hard core wheeler...YET haha i just enjoy going out and getting it dirty and going where those douchey ricers cant.
Last edited by Jeep_Guy3 on Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:56 am

Welcome. If nothing else you know the first rule. Thanks for posting up with pics.
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Postby Grumpy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:00 am

Welcome. Lots going on here. Learn and enjoy :!:
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

tobyw

Postby tobyw » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:35 am

Welcome.

I know the previous owner of your Jeep... We cut the front fenders and put the budget boost on it.

Keep an eye on the oil pan drain plug on that puppy... :wink:

Oh, and your front bumper brackets look bent :?
Yep, I've wheeled one of those, too...

Jeep_Guy3

Postby Jeep_Guy3 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:08 pm

i found that oil pan drain plug within the first week when i went to change the oil! right now it has a couple layers of teflon tape to minimize the leaking! :lol: whatd you all do to it anyways?

and the brackets arent really bent, that was my first project and didnt take the time to measure everything i just eyballed it haha

i like the cut fenders the tires rubbed too much in the back so i put on the wheels and tires from my old xj. i am going to throw a 3 inch lift on it when i get the money
1985 jeep xj 2.5l 5spd lifted 2 inches on 30s custom bumpers, 4:10 gears, roof rack, and summer tube doors

1985 jeep xj 2.8l 5spd lifted on cinder blocks in the backyard stuffed full of parts

Return to “Introduction Area for the Newbies”