I'll be there soon

If you're new to our board please make your first post here and introduce yourself.
Doc Casey

I'll be there soon

Postby Doc Casey » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:34 pm

I'm on the wrong side of the Cacades right now at Ft Lewis, but should be movig out to the Tri-Cities soon. Jacked my back up in Baghdad so the Army is putting me out. Now I have to get an education for a real job and you guys have a WSU campus with a nursing program out there to help with the transition from Army Medic, to civilian nurse. Plus the girlfriend and her children live out there and I really like the area. :lol: Been wheeling on and off since I was a kid and picked up a 2004 TJ when I got home from the sandbox. Trying to figure out the Jeep specific gidgets, gadgets, do's, and dont's, and it would be good to make some friends in the new area. Especially those who know the local places to play. So here I am. :D Most of the pics are from a trip to my folks house in the sierra foot hills right after I got back.
Image[/img]
You have to be crazy to maintain your sanity!!

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:59 am

Welcome! Nice Rubi. I lived over on the "wrong/wet/left" side of the state for 12 years before I had enough, and moved back to the Tri-Cities. My wife has been a nurse for years and loves it. I hope you like it over here. Since it rains very little on this side of the state, I might suggest a Safari or soft top........and a boat! :D

P.S. Thank-you for your service.
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:16 am

Arrgh! Another Rubicon. (I used to be the only one.)
Look forward to you making it to this side of the mountains. When you get to the TriCities, keep on eye on the forum for meeting dates and runs.
And, I'll jump on what Dave said and say thank you for your service.
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Doc Casey

Postby Doc Casey » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:49 pm

I have the soft top for the summer months. If it's not too hot I like to keep the hard top on it living around Ft Lewis though. The soft top is to easy to break in to. You've got to love it when the area right outside the gates is where they film the Seattle episodes of Cops because it's so messed up.
I saw the event on the 19th and was already planning to be out there that weekend. I need to see what is going on with the better half and the custody mess with her youngest for that weekend (any good spots to hide her Ex's body? :lol: ). I'd like to make the full camp out with her and the kids if possible. A Sat day trip is more likely though. Hopefully we can make that at least. She is right along the Yakima river where Richland and West Richland meet. Where is the event in relation to there?
You have to be crazy to maintain your sanity!!

White trash

Postby White trash » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:46 pm

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service. :D

The soft top won't be bad over here, you are used to the crime on the west side.. Unless you own a honda or Toyota you're pretty safe over here.

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:56 pm

I wish Trashy here were right, but don't leave anything in a soft top rig around here. At Farmers' Market a couple summers back I lost a bunch of recovery gear, a cell and a hand held computer. I got sloppy a couple weeks ago and some scum has my GPS out fo my topless Jeep. Hard top won't save you either though, a few years back my Mazda pickup, locked and in my folks front yard in a 'good' neighborhood got stolen... on my honeymoon.
Weather wise a soft top will work all year and a bikini / safari is nice to have in the summer... very little rain.
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

White trash

Postby White trash » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:01 pm

iaccocca wrote:I wish Trashy here were right, but don't leave anything in a soft top rig around here. At Farmers' Market a couple summers back I lost a bunch of recovery gear, a cell and a hand held computer. I got sloppy a couple weeks ago and some scum has my GPS out fo my topless Jeep. Hard top won't save you either though, a few years back my Mazda pickup, locked and in my folks front yard in a 'good' neighborhood got stolen... on my honeymoon.
Weather wise a soft top will work all year and a bikini / safari is nice to have in the summer... very little rain.

You must go to bad places... I leave my garage doors open and head to town and my front door is unlocked 95% of the time. I haven't had anything stolen since we moved here but crap always came up missing in Prosser go figure. :lol:

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:10 pm

GPS was at the mall and not in plain sight. Mall bad place? Maybe. I'm so rarely there.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

commando14
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby commando14 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:05 pm

Nice looking Rubicon, welcome to the board :D

Return to “Introduction Area for the Newbies”