New and would love to join

If you're new to our board please make your first post here and introduce yourself.
CopenhagenCowboy

New and would love to join

Postby CopenhagenCowboy » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:15 pm

My name is Dylan, ive got an 84 cj7 and its the love of my life. I was born and raised in the tri cities. I grew up riding dirtbikes at juniper and several other places around WA and OR but when i turned 16 a whole new world of offroading was opened up to me. I live trail rides and gettin into the mud. Im still a novice but nothing makes me happier than pushin my jeep to the limits and makin it out unscathed. Me and a few buddies have been wheelin for a year or so and we want a group of people to learn from and go out on more organised runs. I dont know what else to write, but i would love nothing more than to get involved with a group such as the Peak Putters

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:18 pm

Welcome Dylan. I know that everyone would love for you to post a pic of your Jeep.
Look for some runs posted up here on the forum. (We can't always promise your Jeep will come out unscathed.) :P

Lee
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

CopenhagenCowboy

haha

Postby CopenhagenCowboy » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:22 pm

ya breakin stuff comes with the territory, ill see what i can do about postin a pic. its an 84 cj7 with 4'' suspension lift and 33 toyo m/ts mostly stock, replaced valve cover timing chain and cover, basic tune up stuff, new radiator. Its my dd so i gotta make sure my baby runs, but if it does break i got a back up rig. ill go get a pic and post it here in a sec.

CopenhagenCowboy

Postby CopenhagenCowboy » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:31 pm

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Postby Grumpy » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:41 pm

Nice old "7"! Take care of the critter, and it'll last. Welcome to our looney bin...
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

CopenhagenCowboy

Postby CopenhagenCowboy » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:49 pm

thank you, im tryin. I looked at the upcoming runs forum and is the mothers day thing the soonest?

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:53 pm

Likely at this point as far as called runs. I'm sure something will pop up before then...
Dave

Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oregon80

-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.

-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

CopenhagenCowboy

Postby CopenhagenCowboy » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:56 pm

ok because i would love to tag along and maybe learn some stuff

Beep Beep

Postby Beep Beep » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:26 pm

Welcome. :D

White trash

Postby White trash » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:12 pm

Welcome, you found a good group of guys to hang around with... Well most of them are good, try and stay away from grumpy he can be moody. :lip:

If you want to learn don't pay any attention to me driving.. OG will tell you all day that I suck at it. :lol:

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:21 pm

Keep your eyes peeled for upcoming meetings as well. Members and candidates have runs that are "members only". IE, we don't open up all of our runs to the public to keep the numbers reasonable.

Jafo

Postby Jafo » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:02 pm

Welcome to our sandbox!! Nice looking 7.
2018 JLU-R work in progress.

WRWP360

CopenhagenCowboy

Postby CopenhagenCowboy » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:09 pm

so what do i need to do to become a candidate? and meetings are first wednesday of the month?

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:17 pm

CopenhagenCowboy wrote:so what do i need to do to become a candidate? and meetings are first wednesday of the month?

First step is to make a meeting. Next meeting is February 3rd, 2010. Keep an eye out on the forum for the meeting details or PM (Private Message) me closer to that date for a specific invite.
Thanks for posting up a pic of your CJ-7. All of us guys running newer metal are a little jealous.
How did you hear about the Peak Putters?

Lee
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

CopenhagenCowboy

Postby CopenhagenCowboy » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:46 pm

ok ill definately pm you closer to that date. when i first got the jeep i needed alot of help gettin her in runnin condition so i looked online for local jeep and offroad clubs and the peak putters and i believe the desert rats came up. Its been about 4 months since i got the jeep goin and ive been takin it wheelin as much as i can but its not as fun without a group of people rather than just me and my buddy's rigs. I read the article today in the paper and decided id contact y'all.

oddball
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby oddball » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:21 pm

Welcome. Great starter rig. Mine was a cj-5 in 1987 that is my wheeler to this day. A cj-7 was my first choice but without a crailslist and the internet, you had to take what was available in the classifieds and the nickel. There are trails for every skill level of wheeler and vehicle. Get on some trails, gain some knowledge and transform your jeep to what suits your style.

Danny
Peak Putters Associate
Peak Putters Associate

Postby Danny » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:31 pm

Welcome....and it's WHITE!!!! :yahoo :wub:
Forget your age and live your life!

Return to “Introduction Area for the Newbies”