Interested in Wheeling with You All

If you're new to our board please make your first post here and introduce yourself.
Rottwheeler

Interested in Wheeling with You All

Postby Rottwheeler » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:27 pm

Greetings! I am new to wheeling in the PAC NW, but have done a good deal in CA, CO and UT. I just sold my '04 TJ Rubicon (4" Teraflex and 33" Cepeks) to a buddy here and bought an '09 Rubi Unlimited that's bone stock at the moment. Plans include a 4" LA lift & 37"s to start with. Would like some suggestions on regional trails the stocker would survive as I won't be doing the lift for a month or two (hope to have it ready for the EJS)... and any lift suggestions for the new JK (considering Full-Traction or Teraflex initially with an upgrade to Evo coil-overs in the future). Any trail runs planned in the next few weeks??? Thanks! :)

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Postby Grumpy » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:32 pm

Howdy...Lee's gonna bug ya for pix :wink:
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Reco Very

Postby Reco Very » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:39 pm

Grumpy wrote:Lee's gonna bug ya for pix :wink:

Ain't that the truth. :lol:

Welcome, and keep watching here. I am sure someone will get real bored soon and have a run local. :twisted:

Beep Beep

Postby Beep Beep » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:40 pm

Welcome. :D

tobyw

Postby tobyw » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:12 pm

Welcome! I will be closely watching your JK progression, please consider doing a pictorial writeup in our Project section when you get things rolling... I have been considering a JK Unlimited for quite a while now, but haven't pulled the trigger because I'm just not sure the overall size/width is conducive to the trails we frequent. I am hoping you'll happily be our guinie pig :lol:

We had a snow run planned for this coming weekend, but the recent warm snap has changed our plans and is forcing us to reschedule. Keep an eye on the Upcoming Events section for runs and meetings.
Yep, I've wheeled one of those, too...

Rottwheeler

Postby Rottwheeler » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:56 am

Tobicon wrote:Welcome! I will be closely watching your JK progression, please consider doing a pictorial writeup in our Project section when you get things rolling... I have been considering a JK Unlimited for quite a while now, but haven't pulled the trigger because I'm just not sure the overall size/width is conducive to the trails we frequent. I am hoping you'll happily be our guinie pig :lol:

We had a snow run planned for this coming weekend, but the recent warm snap has changed our plans and is forcing us to reschedule. Keep an eye on the Upcoming Events section for runs and meetings.

I fully intend to photo document the build. Right now I'm reading everything I can find on Project-JK, AEV, and other websites. I know I won't be as ready as I'd like for the EJS this spring, but I'm going anyway to get a good feel for the essentially stock vehicle so I can quantify the improvements of each of the mods. Of course, I'll be spending most of Friday with the vendors. :-) Is anyone from the club going to EJS this year?

Rottwheeler

Wow... Things have changed since I first logged on...

Postby Rottwheeler » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:07 am

On the JKL Rubi I ended up doing an OME 3" lift with 35"s along with several other things. I wheeled on Naches (tight in places) and down in Moab, but felt like I was on a teeter-totter after many years in a SWB TJ.

I ended up selling the JKU and bought an 06' LJ... and am much happier. I still get a little more room (for the dog), yet it still behaves well on the trail. Anyway, I'm going to have more free time soon and I'd like to get involved with the club. Please let me know how I can do so. Thanks!!!
Rottwheeler
White 13' JKU Rubicon, 3.5" Rubicon Express Super Flex suspension, 3:73s, 35" Nittos on American Racing ATX black faux bead locks... for now.

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:14 am

PM sent...
Dave

Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oregon80

-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.

-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Return to “Introduction Area for the Newbies”