Hello..anybody home?

If you're new to our board please make your first post here and introduce yourself.
RaggedOleMan

Hello..anybody home?

Postby RaggedOleMan » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:59 pm

Just stopped in to say hello. My name is John, I live in Tacoma. Came upon your site via a link in a thread on the WVJC. The link took me to another thread that documented the removal of a white Chevy pick-up from a ravine over there in Eastern WA. I liked what I read/saw and knew I'd like to be a part of group like yours so...here I am.

My rig? I have an 05 Tj I bought brand new. It was my second Jeep, the first was a 91 Yj I bought in 1999. I knew nothing about 4-wheelin', Jeeps etc. at the time. My recollections of the off road type guys I'd ran into before that left me with a crummy taste in my mouth, but, I always wanted a Jeep...During those years I did nothing more than drive the Yj. Never off-roaded it as I had no clue where to go, or where to find out where to go...one day while going up I-90 the 4-banger through a rod near the Denny Creek exit and it was toast as far as my wallet, mechanical ability etc. were concerned at the time....

I sold the remains and went a few years without a Jeep. Man did I miss that thing. So, in 05 I bought me a new one. Didn't have a clue "what" I was looking at i.e. d30/d35 vs d44's etc. Couldn't figure out what the heck made the Rubi's so expensive. Well, now I know...

My flame red 05 is 3.07, d30/d35 open, with the inline 6, and 6sp manual. I do have a Curry Correctlync and an Aussie for the front and a few other things just dying to get out of their boxes and installed! One thing at a time...I move slowly anymore...

During the first year I added a custom, deluxe, built for racing, acrylic bug shield followed by slider windows for my half doors...yeah well, what can I say. 4-Wheel Parts, Quadratec, JC Whitney, Northridge etc. they all love me now...they even send me free catalogs! What a deal, eh?

Since then I've discovered, Tahuya, Evans Creek, Liberty, Walker Valley, the Naches Trail, Manastash and man do I love it around Manastash! Met a few guys through the various forums and learned volumes over the last few years. I'm in it for good now...damn thing...Count on burying me WITH the heep! See what a custom, deluxe, acrylic, built for racing bug shield will do to a guy!

I'm not particularly mechanically savvy, though I did install my OME lift + 1" spacers, a M.O.R.E. 1" mml and a Curry 1" body lift and some other do- dahs. Had to install an SYE after I bent the shaft coming out the transfer case, though, I HAD to let Olympic 4x4 in Snohomish do the work as those tasks were way over my head!

There's lots to talk about and man do I have a ton of questions! Hope to eventually meet a lot of you guys in the coming years! Thanks for letting me in...see ya a bit further down the road...

~jL

John Lincicome
Tacoma

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:48 pm

Welcome. Thanks for posting up. I have a cobbled together OME lift, etc. Running 33s"? You want some tech info, we even have some people that know their way around the TJs.

Nice avatar... post some full size pics.
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

RaggedOleMan

Postby RaggedOleMan » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:21 am

iaccocca wrote:Nice avatar... post some full size pics.

I can't figure out how to post/upload images...[/b]

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:17 am

:hi Welcome. I am also in the "I shouldaboughtaRubi club"!

3 years of running d30/35 open diffs and getting lost on the "easy bypasses" is wearing thin. :oops:

It is a great group here that wheels responsibly. Hope to see you on the trail.
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

Lud
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lud » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:15 am

Nice to meet you. I was in the same boat. Bought a used '92 YJ (becuase I liked open air driving) loved it so much I bought a 2004 TJ X model new but never offroaded it till I moved here from IL. Then I met certain people (Tim) and now the only things covered under my 7 year/70000 mile factory warranty are the A/C,the motor, and trans, lol.

RaggedOleMan

Postby RaggedOleMan » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:38 pm

TJDave wrote::hi Welcome. I am also in the "I shouldaboughtaRubi club"!

3 years of running d30/35 open diffs and getting lost on the "easy bypasses" is wearing thin. :oops:

It is a great group here that wheels responsibly. Hope to see you on the trail.

TjDave & Lud~

Boy do I hear ya about the "easy" by-passes! Mine's still open, though I did by an Aussie for the d30, just haven't got around to installing it yet. I think I found a guy who actually knows what he's doing to give me a hand around the end of the month. Man, I can't wait!

Lud~
Mine's a Tj-X, too. I'm on 33's and regarding the warranty "What Warranty"? I got a 113k on mine now! I love the thing so much and just drive the be-jeebers out of it.

Lud
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lud » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:55 pm

I daily drive my Jeep but have never had to drive far to work, or I've been carpooling. As a result my '04 only has 54000 miles, lol.
2004 TJ Wrangler X (Rubiclone)
2.5" OME Lift, 1.25 in Body Lift, Flat Fender Flares
35x12.50x15 Maxxis Razor MTs
D30 ARB 4.56s Rear JKD44 w/ 8.8 disk brakes Ford 9" goodies, 4.56 and ARB.

Beep Beep

Postby Beep Beep » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:32 pm

Welcome. :D

oddball
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby oddball » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:41 pm

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for the great post.

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Postby Grumpy » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:39 pm

What oddball said :D Too bad you're over there in the perpetual shower zone :wink: Keep browsing. There's enough info in here to put you in sensory overload...
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Return to “Introduction Area for the Newbies”