Iaccocca here...

If you're new to our board please make your first post here and introduce yourself.
iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Iaccocca here...

Postby iaccocca » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:57 pm

Hi, Iaccocca here. I guess it is my turn to post up.

I already posted on the section- old school pics and runs. In the late 80’s / early 90’s I had a ’69 Jeepster Commando. I got my nickname, ‘Iaccocca’, when I worked with Darren Lantzer at Sandvig Oldsmobile. I never was a Peak Putter, but I made a few spring snow runs and three or four tree runs with my Jeepster. I also rode shotgun with Darren and/or Larry Lantzer on a few stag runs… still do the stag run?
I now own the longest named Jeep in Toledo history; Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Sahara. Yes, it is bought, not built… no apologies. It is stock for now with the exception of my old Warn 8274 hanging on the front bumper. It is my daily driver, grocery getter, and, soon, my school bus (I got two Jeeper chicks I’m raising.) The main reason for me to have a Jeep is to get me and my dogs to where the birds are (it is a well known fact that the further off the beaten path you get the dumber the birds get.) The ‘Unlimited’ part made it easier to convince the wife that it is a practical family vehicle (luckily she gets a demo from work.) Hopefully next year I can lift the Jeep, give it a tummy tuck, and hang some 33’s on it; then a bolt in cage, swing away rear bumper, etc., so much money do not tell the wife. 8-)
I’ll try to make your next meeting. I look forward to doing some runs with you (anywhere a stocker won’t slow you down) and I’m really looking forward to the tree run in December.
I’ll dig through my stuff and see if I can find anymore old school pics for y’all.
Here is a shot of one of my Jeeper chicks on an adventure with me near Kalotus. All we need is chocolate milk and cookies... and daddy's big Jeep.

commando14
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby commando14 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:15 pm

Welcome Iaccocca, that's a nice Jeep you got. I remember the stag runs, we don't really have them anymore.

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Postby Grumpy » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:56 pm

Welcome to the group :D
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Return to “Introduction Area for the Newbies”