Grandview

If you're new to our board please make your first post here and introduce yourself.
warbi

Grandview

Postby warbi » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:23 am

Hi, I am Warren Biggs. I just recently bought a 2010 Jeep Rubicon 2-door, 6-speed manual transmission. I have been driving Jeeps for 15 years and Wranglers for 9. In fact the black Jeep at the photo is my '01 Jeep Sahara. I had an '06 Rubicon, but I totalled it in the mountains. I was hitting one of my favorite areas to hike. It was my first time out for that season. I had driven the road plenty of times so I was drifting and taking a little air on the puny bimps. I was coming around a corner and saw a washout... too late!!! I broke the axle, FLIPPED (not rolled) the Jeep, and totalled it! :oops:
As you can see the poor old '01 is not the most suited for off-road. I have done a bunch of drifting on dirt and snow. I have also taken air a few times. I have not done any rock crawls or hill-climbing. The Rubicon has a 4" Superlift, Panther Incubus wheels, Hankook 315/70 17", and Dana axles, but I can't find the numbers on the axle. I am looking forward to learning a lot about off-roading and also fixing up my ride. I already have ideas on upgrading my vehicle slowly but surely. I will be setting aside $200/month. It's not the most money, but it will let me upgrade some. First, I want to get a new front bumper and D-rings (if necessary), then a winch, maybe a front skid plate, eventually an onboard air system. lol Anyway, look forward to seeing you guys. I might even make it out for Sunday's Sandfest!

warbi

Postby warbi » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:41 am

Oops... and how could I forget beadlock wheels?!?!? lol

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Postby Grumpy » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:27 am

Welcome to the nuthouse! I think you'll find things a mite entertaining around here, particularly if WT and OG are feeling ornery :roll:
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Roman
Peak Putters President
Peak Putters President

Postby Roman » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:32 pm

Starting points should be recovery and safety! Tow hooks, shackle mounts, upgraded roll cage/reinforcement, recovery gear (straps, shackles, shovel, hi-lift)

None of these items are the most fun, but you can't have any fun without them! YOU WILL GET STUCK!!! If you don't, you're not trying hard enough 8)

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:27 pm

Roman points out the biggest "problem" with a Rubicon.. .they are capable enough to get you DEEP into trouble. . .safety and recovery should come stock on them. :lol:

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:58 pm

OldGreen wrote:Roman points out the biggest "problem" with a Rubicon.. .they are capable enough to get you DEEP into trouble. . .

Oh I don't know about that, or do I :oops:
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Return to “Introduction Area for the Newbies”