Long time listener, first time caller...

If you're new to our board please make your first post here and introduce yourself.
Duckman

Long time listener, first time caller...

Postby Duckman » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:45 pm

Hi everyone, my name is Jake. The wife and I both grew up wheeling. She actually grew up as a Desert Rat. We have been guests with them for awhile now, but I am always looking for people to camp and wheel with. Have a couple Jeeps as you can see by the pics below.

The first one has been an ongoing project for years, and is close to done. This is the wifes 46 with a Buick V6. D44/D27 w/lockers, cage, etc....

The other is my Barbie Jeep. Which has the factory limited slip in the rear and a lock right up front. Always prefer fabbing my own stuff like the rear bumper, etc.
Its the white one in the pics.

The last one is my kids jeep. Wish I could fit in it :)

Last but not least, you have to have a tow rig!

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:32 pm

Welcome. Thanks for posting up with pics. I'm jealous of your wife's rig (I already have one of those Barbie Jeeps like your white one.) My kids are rolling the same way, plastic Jeep-wise, but some other Peak Putters are looking for them to out grow it.
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Postby Grumpy » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:04 am

I'm a Scout guy, but that red critter would sure tempt me :wink: Welcome to the lunacy...
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Sveta
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Sveta » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:05 pm

iaccocca wrote:My kids are rolling the same way, plastic Jeep-wise, but some other Peak Putters are looking for them to out grow it.

It is Ok Lee, Isabel is patient. Your girls have plenty of time to enjoy their jeep. I am on the other hand... More jeeps to our collection :roll:

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:36 am

Welcome!

Nice flatty and TJ. I'm sure I have met you before at the last couple Cool Desert Night events. I work with a Desert Rat that keeps threatening to join our site. He doesn't like the user names I have come up with for him though! :D

Also, like many here, it's good to see you like to rough it while camping. 8)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

Duckman

Postby Duckman » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:54 pm

Thanks for the compliments, my wife has an even bigger head now :roll: . I probablly have met a few of you before at the Cool Desert Nights, we really appreciate the help. Hopefully I can get the flatty running soon, just needs brakes and drivelines to make it road worthy. Although a Painless wire kit and some new hubs would be a nice Christmas present too.

rjjff

Postby rjjff » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:22 pm

Welcome to board

Return to “Introduction Area for the Newbies”