Maybe moving to Tri-Cities?

If you're new to our board please make your first post here and introduce yourself.
krazytoy

Maybe moving to Tri-Cities?

Postby krazytoy » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:41 am

Hello everyone,
I found your website and I am glad to see so much 4x4 activity in the area! Well, I have been offered a job at Hanford and am seriously considering it. I live in Idaho Falls, ID right now and am a member of the Snake River Offroaders. I have a 99' Cherokee with the normal stuff. Anyway, the job is temporary so i am thinking about buying a 5th wheel and just living in it for 9-12 months or until they offer me a permanent position. Can anyone recommend a nice RV park? Also, I see you have some sand dunes around, where are they located? Well if the job works out I look forward to meeting all of you.

Jason

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:44 pm

Welcome. A couple guys in my group at Hanford are from out of town and live in their RVs. One is from Idaho and still has a house and family there. The other is from Spokane, but they sold their house and have their stuff in storage. They are waiting to see if they are going to be hit by any layoffs when the ARA $$ runs out before they buy here. They both live at the Horn Rapids RV Resort just outside of Richland at the intersection of Hwy 240 and Kingsgate Way. It is the nicest in the area, and the closest to Hanford. A new RV park just opened just down the road at the 240/bypass hwy intersection, but I hear they are more expensive and it's not as nice. And there are more.

Now that we have that out of the way, how 'bout some pictures of your Jeep?? :D :D
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby SPR » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:39 pm

Welcome. Do a search on "Juniper Dunes". They may not be the biggest and badest, but any 4X4 will find a challenging dune.
I don't Text (at least not very well), I eat Blackberrys, and I only Twitter after sex...

krazytoy

Postby krazytoy » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:21 pm

Thanks for the info guys. I will look into the RV park and the dunes. We have St. Anthony dunes out here and I frequent them often. Looks like I am going to be taking the job so I guess I will be there in a few weeks. Sucks I have to leave the wife and son back here, but you gotta go where the jobs are. Jeep is a 99' cherokee with the 4.0l, auto locked front and back, 2lo in the tcase, 33 BFG AT's, 5.5" RE Long arm, rancho 9000's and a ton of other small creature comforts. I have been wheelin my whole life, I grew up in Farmington, NM and competed in the first rock crawlin comp back in 99 in Las Cruces, NM. Had lots of rigs over the years, from a big block, linked buggy to stock Toyotas. I co-owned a custom fab shop here in Idaho Falls as well. I like the Cherokee, it suits the family wheeler just fine. Well hope to meet some of you soon. Thanks again,

Jason

I gotta figure how to post pics on here still![/img]

Roman
Peak Putters President
Peak Putters President

Postby Roman » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:48 pm

We've got several guys on our crew from the Boise area staying in RV's and all of them stay in Tri-Cities RV Park. Great rates, electricity is included.

Wrench
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Wrench » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:09 pm

Roman wrote:We've got several guys on our crew from the Boise area staying in RV's and all of them stay in Tri-Cities RV Park. Great rates, electricity is included.

...but the traffic nearby makes it very LOUD in the park.
Paul
'84 XJ, '19JL

Roman
Peak Putters President
Peak Putters President

Postby Roman » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:01 pm

Only if you stay on the north side of the park!

krazytoy

Postby krazytoy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:30 pm

Great info and thanks again everyone. I start the new job on the 24th of January, so I got alot of things to wrap up here before I leave. Thanks again,

Jason

krazytoy

Postby krazytoy » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:35 pm

Well, I made it to town and I am in the RV Village Resort in West Richland. Its a nice short drive to work, but I am going to move. The park is kinda dirty... I am getting settled and just got a notebook for the trailer so I have internet now. Been running home every weekend to see the wife and son, but next weekend I am hangin' around to look for a new place.
When and where are your meetings? I would like to make one to introduce myself and meet a few of you.

Jason

White trash

Postby White trash » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:00 pm

Meetings are the first wednesday of every month and the location is different most every time.

Return to “Introduction Area for the Newbies”