We are new here!

If you're new to our board please make your first post here and introduce yourself.
Yrjan
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Yrjan » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:45 pm

Sounds like you guys have a lot of fun and my wife and I are very excited to finally be a part of it! We can't wait till tomorrow!

Yrjan
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Yrjan » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:47 pm

Jose, where is your wife from? I noticed a heavy accent. It's Eastern European, just can't place where. My wife is from Moldova. They will definitely get along! My wife has been here about 8 years now I think.

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:55 pm

OldGreen wrote:Don't worry, based on the average number of times Jose goes wheelin', there is only a (does math). . .uh. . .

28% probability that he will roll.

1 in 4 you say. Well then he is not really due, is he.

Yrjan wrote:Sounds like you guys have a lot of fun and my wife and I are very excited to finally be a part of it! We can't wait till tomorrow!

...and @ Yrjan, I'll be surprised if you do not have a ball.
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:57 pm

Sveta will probably post up where she's from.. .but I probably gave it away by typing her name.

Jose, on the other hand, is from West Kennewick.

Lud
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lud » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:27 pm

I have a firestick II which I bought 6 years ago. It has a "tuneable tip" that you turn to adjust it to an SWR meter. I used a friend's SWR meter and it was spot on without any adjustments whatsoever. I was hearing traffic on 182 and 82 from my driveway.

The reason I have not broken it is I put a CB antenna spring on the end so it gives quite a bit when I hit it. Of course it swings all over the place too, lol.
2004 TJ Wrangler X (Rubiclone)
2.5" OME Lift, 1.25 in Body Lift, Flat Fender Flares
35x12.50x15 Maxxis Razor MTs
D30 ARB 4.56s Rear JKD44 w/ 8.8 disk brakes Ford 9" goodies, 4.56 and ARB.

Yrjan
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Yrjan » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:47 am

I hit a rock on my valve stem at Weber Canyon this past Sunday and had a hell of a time. I was looking for a solution to the valve stem issue that is sure to arise again in the futre and this is what I found. What do y'all think?

http://www.quadratec.com/products/92040_06.htm

Lurch
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lurch » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:20 am

I just carry extra valve stems and replace as necessary. To site I have never lost a valve stem.
You can follow me.... but it's gonna hurt ;)

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:21 am

I considered those at one point, but I think Tim (Lurch) is right. When you consider airing down, airing up, etc. dealing with those would be a pain in the a$$. IMHO.
New tires. New wheels too, or do you still have the same wheels? The wheels could be the debil... just saying.
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

White trash

Postby White trash » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:06 am

I clipped a rock at weber years ago but a stick saved the day to clog the hole.

As for how to avoid that situation again I went to beadlocks and used wheels with the valvestem mounted away from the edge. I'd look into moving the valve stem on your current wheels or picking up another set of wheels with them in a better spot.

You could always run those gorilla stems or get a set of shorties to make them a harder target then tap the wheels for knurled petcocks from lowes. Makes airing down a breeze and bonus you can monitor pressure from the valve stem while deflating. I loved those petcocks when airing down 42' then 44's. :D

Yrjan
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Yrjan » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:27 am

There is a lot of good info from you guys. I appreciate that. New wheels are not really an option at this point. Carrying spare valve stems is a good idea. I ordered the valve stems from the link above. Ill try em out, see how they work. If they don't work it was only $20.

Return to “Introduction Area for the Newbies”