Wanting to Wheel

If you're new to our board please make your first post here and introduce yourself.
Nukegumby

Wanting to Wheel

Postby Nukegumby » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:53 pm

Hey all,

Name's Mike, but most of my friends call me Mikey. Odd for a guy who's nearly 50, but there it is. My wife and I are fairly new here in the Tricities. We moved here for work early 2012. I used to wheel some in east Idaho with a Toyota, a Chevy, a few Jeeps, and what was to be a monster truck if I'd only been smart enough to find a builder who knew what he was doing. Lesson learned...now I do my own work.

Last month I bought a 2010 JK Unlimited Rubicon and I'm moving on it slowly, so from a functional standpoint, it's stock. I'm looking forward to wrenching on it more and, more importantly, I'm looking forward to hitting some trails.

Do y'all have regular meetings? I'd be interested in joining if y'all would be interested in having me.

Thanks! -Mikey-

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:35 am

:hi welcome.
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:58 am

Hello Mikey. . .we do have regular meetings. In fact, there is one tomorrow. They are typically on the first Wednesday of the month. In the summer we typically do some sort of Potluck. If you can make that one, let us know and I'm sure someone can give you more detail.

Pictures of said JK? 8)

Yrjan
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Yrjan » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:44 am

Hello and welcome! Sweet! another JK!

Nukegumby

Postby Nukegumby » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:05 pm

Thank you for the kind welcome. I'm afraid I can't make this meeting, as I recently went through back surgery and am confined to quarters. Or something like that. :lol: I hope to make the next one, though.

Pics! Of course. What was I thinking. Let's see if I can figure this out. Note: again, I'll use the surgery as an excuse. My JK needs a bath, but I'm not up for that yet. One of these days that surgery excuse is gonna fail, I know it.

You'll notice the Rubicon stickers are removed. I did that because they were peeling when I bought it and I've just not replaced them yet. There's a pic below of the locker/disco to show it's a Rubi. Still looking for stickers that don't suck.

-Mikey-

Yrjan
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Yrjan » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:48 pm

My buddy Kevin makes stickers...Image

Yrjan
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Yrjan » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:49 pm

Interested in a soft top? Or a SuperChips tuner?

Nukegumby

Postby Nukegumby » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:31 pm

Yrjan wrote:Interested in a soft top? Or a SuperChips tuner?

I already have a soft top and I will be interested in a tuner, but not yet. A few other things have to happen first. Why are you selling?

Yrjan
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Yrjan » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:45 pm

Because I have 2 JKU's and both of them came with SuperChips tuners... I am only wheeling one of them ATM so I would like to sell one so I can buy more goodies!

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:24 pm

8) Rubicon in stealth mode. I like it.

It's even the right color. :wink:
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

Livin4Today

Postby Livin4Today » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:08 pm

Welcome Mikey and another JK! Gotta love that! If you need any ideas myself and/or Yrjan are full of them as we both run JKs. We also have a couple of other JKs in the club now, I believe we now have 5 Jkus and 2 JKs counting yours.

Anyway if you need any help finding parts and goodies we have some good sources as well as ideas to help get you down the road without breaking the bank. Additionally if you need help with your rig while you still have that surgery excuse feel free to ask, if we're not otherwise engaged I'm sure we can help.
Lance

Building a capable off roader is easy, building a street legal one that you can wheel and then drive daily is the challenge...

2007 JKU, 7" RK lift, 40s, ARBs, 5.38s, Headers, Fox Coilovers, etc. http://www.Livin4Today.com

Nukegumby

Postby Nukegumby » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:34 pm

Thanks, Lance. I'm almost certain I'll take you up on the offer for ideas and sources. I know what I want to do to it, but I haven't decided on how yet. Hopefully my wife and I will be making the next monthly meeting and we'll get a chance to chat some.

Best, -Mikey-

JK Lance wrote:Welcome Mikey and another JK! Gotta love that! If you need any ideas myself and/or Yrjan are full of them as we both run JKs. We also have a couple of other JKs in the club now, I believe we now have 5 Jkus and 2 JKs counting yours.

Anyway if you need any help finding parts and goodies we have some good sources as well as ideas to help get you down the road without breaking the bank. Additionally if you need help with your rig while you still have that surgery excuse feel free to ask, if we're not otherwise engaged I'm sure we can help.

Return to “Introduction Area for the Newbies”