another new guy blah blah blah

If you're new to our board please make your first post here and introduce yourself.
WaWa

another new guy blah blah blah

Postby WaWa » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:28 pm

Yep, New guy... went out today with a few of the members, rode shotgun with Irish and had a hell of a time! Anyhow... I have 97 TJ that is working it's way back to the road after a roll over and rebuild.

Hope to see ya'll again soon!

WaWa

Livin4Today

Postby Livin4Today » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:34 pm

Welcome Wawa, nice you could join us. You guys should've hung out for that second canyon it was way cool! Get some pics up of your TJ - club rule if no picture it doesn't exist...
Lance

Building a capable off roader is easy, building a street legal one that you can wheel and then drive daily is the challenge...

2007 JKU, 7" RK lift, 40s, ARBs, 5.38s, Headers, Fox Coilovers, etc. http://www.Livin4Today.com

WaWa

Postby WaWa » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:57 pm

.... here she is....

Livin4Today

Postby Livin4Today » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:59 pm

Looks like a driver to me... Couple of bunnies or ratchet straps and you're good right.
Lance

Building a capable off roader is easy, building a street legal one that you can wheel and then drive daily is the challenge...

2007 JKU, 7" RK lift, 40s, ARBs, 5.38s, Headers, Fox Coilovers, etc. http://www.Livin4Today.com

79chevy39.5's

Postby 79chevy39.5's » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:19 pm

Tube fenders and a mallet to the hood and you'll never know

WaWa

Postby WaWa » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:55 am

Ya... being my first Wrangler I didn't want to buy something I'd cry over... so she fit the bill nicely at the right time, tube fenders and a proper cage are in order once the frame is straightened and the tires are purchased.

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:22 am

I'd make sure that the front and rear gear ratios match. I saw that thing on Craigslist and kinda wondered if it wasn't quite "right". . .

WaWa

Postby WaWa » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:40 pm

No doubt... I bought it with full disclosure from the PO, tweaked frame, needing a new clutch, CPS and tires. It was a no B.S. purchase. Its sitting on a D44 in the rear with 30 spline super shafts, Detriot locker and 4.88 Yukon gears the front is a D30 HP with 4.88 gears. I have a set of 30 spline supers for it once I buy the locker.....but I also have a D44 HP I picked up prior to the jeep for a great price and "just incase". As far as the "lift" goes its sitting on JK springs which help it clear the 35's its sitting on... but doesnt leave much wiggle room. Another thing I found that i need to address is the sway bar connectors... he took the connectors off and tossed them. Right now the clutch is in and its waiting to visit my uncles shop to straighten her out. I'm more than happy to get it at less than half of what he was asking ;-)

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:29 pm

WaWa wrote:No doubt... I bought it with full disclosure from the PO, tweaked frame, needing a new clutch, CPS and tires. It was a no B.S. purchase. Its sitting on a D44 in the rear with 30 spline super shafts, Detriot locker and 4.88 Yukon gears the front is a D30 HP with 4.88 gears. I have a set of 30 spline supers for it once I buy the locker.....but I also have a D44 HP I picked up prior to the jeep for a great price and "just incase". As far as the "lift" goes its sitting on JK springs which help it clear the 35's its sitting on... but doesnt leave much wiggle room. Another thing I found that i need to address is the sway bar connectors... he took the connectors off and tossed them. Right now the clutch is in and its waiting to visit my uncles shop to straighten her out. I'm more than happy to get it at less than half of what he was asking ;-)

Front or rear swaybar connectors? If you are running good shocks and still have the rear swaybar connected, Just run it. . .unless you have issues. There are a lot o TJs running around without front swaybars. If you feel like you have to have one, save pennies for an anti-rock.

WaWa

Postby WaWa » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:58 pm

It was the front ine that I noticed missing... I'll double check on the rear!

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:14 pm

If you need a stock TJ front swaybar, I have one just collecting dust in my garage, and the mounting bushings for it.

Don't pay for a replacement set of stock front swaybar links. They break very easily. Get some disconnects. I sold mine when I went to an Antirock.

Because Antirocks.....Rock! :lol:
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

Return to “Introduction Area for the Newbies”