Intro....

If you're new to our board please make your first post here and introduce yourself.
Wrongway

Intro....

Postby Wrongway » Tue May 20, 2014 9:25 pm

Hello everyone!

My name is Bill and my Wife's name is Tammy. We have a 75CJ5 that I have been working on (well attempting to) for a few years and recently got the chance to purchase a newer JK Rubicon to play with. Still love my CJ, just wish I had more time to devote getting it built. My daughter really wants it, so hopefully I can build it soon for her and it can live on in the family.

I have met a few of the members through the Rumblegoat Racing adventure, as we did some radio work for the truck and donated some radios for chase trucks. Everyone I have met seems like really good peeps!

We make many trips to the dunes (local & afar) with our dune toys and really enjoy off-roading of all forms. Our favorite place to go is Winchester Bay, OR. and a close second is Rexburg, ID at St. Anthony's dunes.

I have owned a few jeeps in my days and really enjoy the outdoors. This current JK is obviously a work in progress, living up to the JEEP mantra.. Just Empty Every Pocket.. Bleeding me dry! I still need many things for it, but it's been a great experience.

I talked to Dave a bit and hope to make some meetings and runs. Meeting everyone would be great as its always good to meet new people and make new friends.

I own a two-way radio shop and offer up any services I can to anyone in need. I'm pretty handy when it comes to wiring. Just not a fan of it as anyone is in their own profession. :) I really enjoy it from 8-5... The rest is my off time. But more than willing to help anyone in need.

Anywho... hope I didn't bore anyone.. :) Hope to see ya out there!

Bill, aka: Wrongway

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby scumby » Wed May 21, 2014 4:09 am

welcome aboard Wrongway. hope to see you at meetings and on the trail.

Rottwheeler

Postby Rottwheeler » Wed May 21, 2014 5:52 am

Welcome! I'm new to this group of folks too... having attended two meetings and one run with them so far. They are a great bunch of people... very patient and willing to help in any way they can. You'll enjoy your adventures with them/us. :-)
Rottwheeler
White 13' JKU Rubicon, 3.5" Rubicon Express Super Flex suspension, 3:73s, 35" Nittos on American Racing ATX black faux bead locks... for now.

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Wed May 21, 2014 7:15 am

Nice intro. Welcome. :hi
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Wed May 21, 2014 7:55 am

Glad you are here!! Let's go wheelin'!!

Wrongway

Postby Wrongway » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:56 pm

New updates. Got some new bumpers, winch and lights.

Jafo

Postby Jafo » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:18 am

Welcome back Bill
2018 JLU-R work in progress.

WRWP360

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:55 am

Very nice. I like the new stuff. 8)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

Livin4Today

Postby Livin4Today » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:37 am

Welcome (back?) Bill & Tammy,

Nice to have another JK amongst us. Might I recommend you start a build thread under projects and builds, as that is where most of us look there for these updates ( really it keeps those of us aging folks for getting lost)...

: :blush:
Lance

Building a capable off roader is easy, building a street legal one that you can wheel and then drive daily is the challenge...

2007 JKU, 7" RK lift, 40s, ARBs, 5.38s, Headers, Fox Coilovers, etc. http://www.Livin4Today.com

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Postby Grumpy » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:45 am

Hey, watch it with the aging stuff... :wink:
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Return to “Introduction Area for the Newbies”