Toyota amongst Jeeps

If you're new to our board please make your first post here and introduce yourself.
Toyota4me

Toyota amongst Jeeps

Postby Toyota4me » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:19 pm

Hey guys! I was lucky enough to meet some of your members today while hosting a Laser Tag party. The group seemed really cool, and since I am relatively new to the area and love to wheel I thought I would join. Just a bit about me, I am a automotive assistant instructor and have spent most of my professional career either working on cars or guiding teams of technicians to work on them. I have a about 10 years automotive experience now. I do wheel a 1994 Toyota 4runner that has been heavily modified (and is still being worked on) It was an auto 2wd. I have built it now to where it is a solid axle front with about moderate 6" lift. My gears are 4:56 and the rear is a factory Toyota elocker. All if the axles are factory Toyota drummed up from various rigs. My drive train used to be the Toyota 3.4l engine with a 5 speed manual trans, but I have since sold that in favor of doing a Lexus (also Toyota) 4.0l 1UZ engine that will produce better power and roughly the same fuel economy. She still needs some work but I am hoping to get it mostly finished this summer and get out wheelin with ya'll.
I also am starting a automotive blog (its in the works so i dont have the name pinned down yet) but it will be great once it is done. Looking forward to meeting everyone and weigh in on some topics as well. Im great with diag and trouble shooting as well so I will do what I can for a fellow wheeler. Anyway thanks for the add!

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Re: Toyota amongst Jeeps

Postby iaccocca » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:25 pm

Kewl (I'm told that is what the kids say.) I'm the 50 year old who was fool enough to have a laser tag party in a desert canyon. I'm glad you posted up and hope you can come play with us.
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Lurch
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lurch » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:52 pm

Glad to see you found the forum. Had a great time today and hope to see you again.
You can follow me.... but it's gonna hurt ;)

Brier Rose
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Brier Rose » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:17 pm

Today was so much fun! Welcome to the forum. :thu:
If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best.

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby scumby » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:28 am

welcome aboard.
Lightly Lifted and Locked LJ

I'm Scumby Dammit, take it or leave it!

SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby SPR » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:11 am

Welcome. I look forward to hearing more about your build.
I don't Text (at least not very well), I eat Blackberrys, and I only Twitter after sex...

Return to “Introduction Area for the Newbies”