Newbie with a k1500

If you're new to our board please make your first post here and introduce yourself.
raumaffe

Newbie with a k1500

Postby raumaffe » Tue May 27, 2008 9:23 pm

My name is austin and i live in benton city, i have a 1979 k1500 with a lift and 33's and a winch i know its full size and all but i love offroading and would love to get out on some runs i have two friends with jeeps that would love to go im sure, looking forward to meeting you all.

Beep Beep

Postby Beep Beep » Tue May 27, 2008 10:22 pm

Welcome. :D

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Postby Grumpy » Wed May 28, 2008 4:18 am

Welcome. Best group in town here. Best get ready for some hassle on that "fool size" as OG would call it... :twisted:
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Beep Beep

Postby Beep Beep » Wed May 28, 2008 9:26 am

Dave Walters wrote:Best get ready for some hassle on that "fool size" as OG would call it... :twisted:
I have heard it about my full size but I don't use it on trails it don't belong on.

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Wed May 28, 2008 10:53 am

Mine's so big, there likely ain't trails for me around here :mrgreen: A 139" wheel base do have some shortcoming :rolleyes:
Dave

Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oregon80

-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.

-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Beep Beep

Postby Beep Beep » Wed May 28, 2008 11:34 am

Dave Walters wrote:Mine's so big, there likely ain't trails for me around here :mrgreen: A 139" wheel base do have some shortcoming :rolleyes:
There are a lot of trails at the Ahtanum that you can fit on just fine. The problem is that they are very easy trails when there is no snow. With snow, they are a blast. If you guy want to wheel Full Size this is the right time of year at the Ahtanum. I would be if I had mine finished.

raumaffe

Postby raumaffe » Thu May 29, 2008 1:39 pm

my truck will be done this weekend (hopefully) and i know of two moderate/easy trails right by my house that i intend to take it on to test it out my friends stock cherokees can make it over no probem so the truck shouldnt have much issue. i look forward to meeting you all if anyone knows a good local trail message me and i would love to check it out

Return to “Introduction Area for the Newbies”