Hey all, new here

If you're new to our board please make your first post here and introduce yourself.
warrpath4x4

Hey all, new here

Postby warrpath4x4 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:13 pm

First off thanks DaveW for inviting me to join.

My name Shawn, i work at the Umatilla Chemical Depot (for now), Ive been slowly working on starting my own custom 4X4 shop. Right now im working on a 78 Scout II for a guy at work. Doing a SOA, rear bumper, front winch buper, pixing some issues, and running the winch controls inside. Then thursday i am picking up a 95 Dodge pickup from another guy at work and dropping a crate motor in for him (easy job).

I spent 6 years in the Oregon Army National Guard, ive been out for a couple months and planning on re-uping soon. I do alo of hunting, camping, and hiking. Always wanting to head out on my quad, but never have enough time lol.

OK onto the rigs:

DD, 2002 dodge ram 1500 quad cab 4X4

ATV, 2006 Honda Rancher 4X4

PROJECT RIG, 1965 JEEP CJ6 tuxedo park model, (going to be) 350TBI, TH400, NP205, D44 front wih 4.10's and trac-loc, cross over steering, 14BFF 4.10's and detroit with disc brakes, custom square tube frame, skinned, tube fenders, winches F/R, bucket seats, 5-point harnesses, rock sliders, rock lights, 35" BFG with Inner Air Locks, custom rollcage.

HUNTING TRUCK (picking up next month), 1980 Dodge POWERWAGON (was a DOT truck) "labeled" 3/4 ton but has one ton suspension and maybe one ton running gear (need to check), 360 wth 140,000 original miles, 4 speed, NP205, 10 ply tires, headache rack with side racks, WARN winch on the front. (all for a whopping $500)

PICS
jeep rust included lol (was owned by a hippie hense the smiley face on the grill)

Lud
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lud » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:12 pm

Welcome to the board, Shawn. I also work at the Depot, at least for a few more years. Lots of good people on this board.

Look forward to seeing you out on the trails.

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Postby Grumpy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:08 pm

Shawn, would you put a link to WFTW on the site? We do have many vets involved. And welcome :super
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

warrpath4x4

Postby warrpath4x4 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:50 am

Lud wrote:Welcome to the board, Shawn. I also work at the Depot, at least for a few more years. Lots of good people on this board.

Look forward to seeing you out on the trails.

do you work for washington group?

warrpath4x4

Postby warrpath4x4 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:54 am

Grumpy wrote:Shawn, would you put a link to WFTW on the site? We do have many vets involved. And welcome :super

no problem

http://www.wheelersforthewounded.com/

http://www.wheelersforthewounded.com/forum/index.php

Lud
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lud » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:47 am

No, I work for the lab, Southwest Research.

Return to “Introduction Area for the Newbies”