Operation Orchard Intervention

Pics and reports of other misc areas.
OldGreen

Operation Orchard Intervention

Postby OldGreen » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:03 am

We got word that Dan needed an orchard taken out on Saturday afternoon. Word spread quickly and pretty soon we had a whole bunch of people out at the Holmes' place on Sunday morning.

The Score:
900+ Nectarine Trees
5 chainsaw cuts per tree = 4500 Chainsaw cuts
6 Pieces of tree per tree (two trunks, two tops, stump and root ball) = 5400 tree pieces. Stacked and or chipped.

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 10000 individual operations done in a great big hurry. We had around 4 chainsaws, 2 tractors, a gator, and a bobcat and somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 people hacking, cutting, dragging, chipping and stacking.

LUNCH WAS GREAT!!! Chicken, Sausages, Tater Salad, Desserts. . .mmmmmm

Overall, we had big fun. Post up if you were there. I don't remember everyone. If you saw me do a low level flyby after I had left, I wanted to show the kiddos what we did all day!!!

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Postby Grumpy » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:27 am

I was out there, and tried to get in on some of the labor, but a bit of back damage and a worn out chain on my saw sort of nipped that :oops: All I can say is, this group ROCKS :OO3 I'm proud to be associated with all of you :mrgreen:...Anybody take pix :?:
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

warrpath4x4

Postby warrpath4x4 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:55 pm

I was in the mountains, sorry I couldn't make it. I have weekends off now so let me know when you guys are doing something again.

sams88

Postby sams88 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:59 pm

I was there with a son-in-law, Jerry. We enjoyed the day, really enjoyed the lunch, and were exhausted and dirty by the end of the day. spent the morning on the "chipper" and the afternoon on the root ball squad. :D
90 MJ, 5.5" RE Long arm
88 yota p/u

Roman
Peak Putters President
Peak Putters President

Postby Roman » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:40 pm

But it was a "good" kind of dirty Bruce!

Root ball squad, LOL That's Great! :D

Was a great day to help out a great guy . . . 8)

Return to “Other Areas”