All Wheelers Wenatchee/Leavenworth Event (1-24-09)

Pics and reports of other misc areas.
Beep Beep

All Wheelers Wenatchee/Leavenworth Event (1-24-09)

Postby Beep Beep » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:05 pm

All Wheelers Off Road Club -
Wenatchee / Leavenworth Event
Jan 24th, 2009

On January 24th, 2009 was our 15th Wedding Anniversary and we planned to spend it in Leavenworth, Washington to get away from the normal every day life. Since we where going out that way, we called an event to get with our Wenatchee AWORC members. This was a four part event.

- The first part was a meet & greet around 1 PM at Wendys (1919 N. Wenatchee Ave, Wenatchee, WA.)
- The second part we convoyed from Wendys to Swakane road to wheel it. It was more of a back roads type 4x4 trail than hard core 4x4 type.
- The third part we went to dinner in Leavenworth around 6 PM at the King Ludwig restaurant.
- The forth part we went bar hopping.

Here is how the trip went for us with a few extra things along the way:

Friday night January 23rd, 2009 the weather man said no snow until Saturday night. On Saturday January 24th, 2009 we woke up to snow in Yakima. We left Yakima around 7 AM.

We were on I-82 Manastash Pass when we heard a pass report on the radio.
They reported Manastash Pass was bare and dry. That is when I took this picture.

We ran through snow almost to I-90.

Blewett Pass was as they reported.

Once we got to Leavenworth we went to the place Scuba was staying to make some plans on what we were doing before the Meet & Greet.
Scuba and his family stayed at the condo and my wife and I went to get a hotel.

We checked into the Obertal Inn.
Behind our hotel was the King Ludwig restaurant where we plan to have dinner at.

Around 11:30 we met up with Scuba for lunch.

We ate at the Munchen Haus.
I had the BIG “BOBâ€

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby scumby » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:29 pm

those first few pictures look very much like whee i live. another funny thing is there is a munchen haus here as well but an hour and a half up the road.

al

Beep Beep

Postby Beep Beep » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:20 pm

scumby wrote:those first few pictures look very much like whee i live. another funny thing is there is a munchen haus here as well but an hour and a half up the road.

al
I wish I could go where you are for a run. :lol: I sure miss Germany.

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby scumby » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:23 pm

Ceg wrote:
scumby wrote:those first few pictures look very much like whee i live. another funny thing is there is a munchen haus here as well but an hour and a half up the road.

al
I wish I could go where you are for a run. :lol: I sure miss Germany.

you know i left my jeep behind because i thought it would be "illegal" in height and there would be no place to wheel. come to find out there are at least 15 off road parks in germany. and at one in normandy, france. so i'm stuck helping one of the guys here with a tj build his a little. i hate riding biotch.

dammit man! :banghead

Beep Beep

Postby Beep Beep » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:24 am

scumby wrote:you know i left my jeep behind because i thought it would be "illegal" in height and there would be no place to wheel. come to find out there are at least 15 off road parks in germany. and at one in normandy, france. so i'm stuck helping one of the guys here with a tj build his a little. i hate riding biotch.

dammit man! :banghead
I did not know of any ORV parks when I was there. We wheeled a lot of places that were old roads up the sides of mountains though old growth trees. I am not sure what the roads where made for but they were very steep in most places. Could have been something left from the war.

Return to “Other Areas”