Forgot my cape; at least I remembered my Jeep.

Pics and reports of other misc areas.
iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Forgot my cape; at least I remembered my Jeep.

Postby iaccocca » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:26 pm

Last weekend I took my wife and the other two Jeeper chicks to Plain, WA to celebrate my brother’s birthday with him in a cabin they had rented on the mighty Wenatchee River. On Sunday I was parked watching the Daytona 500 when my wife asked that I drive her somewhere where she could walk. My wife is an avid walker who puts an hour or more on her shoes every day. Near the cabin the roads were muddy and slushy, so she wanted to go to the paved, dry roads closer to the town of Plain. NASCAR had decided the first major race of the year was the perfect opportunity to do pot hole repair on the speedway and I grew weary of watching that, so I obliged the wife.
On the way towards town we passed a church van (big ‘ole Ford) parked along the side of the road. I did not think anything of it. After dropping off my walker I headed to the Plain Grocery to see if they carried bottles of anything that would make watching NASCAR road repairs more interesting. After passing my wife on the way back to the cabin I rounded the corner and saw this…

Obviously they had gotten the rear axle stuck while turning around. I offered to help either with a tug or the winch. (They were a long unit crossing the short / narrow road, so I thought I might have to use the snatch block to do a pull to a tree across the road using the winch.) They asked if they thought I could get them out and I offered if not, I at least have two more shovels. I blew my pull strap a few years back and have not yet replaced it, so I used the tree saver, hence the close nose to nose pull shown here. Between their long short bus and the narrow road, I think the tree saver was the best bet anyways. We were just hooking the rigs up when an older two wheel drive (I believe) Dakota came down the road. This was their first Good Samaritan who had gone for his rig. I think I was able to help them out a little easier. 8-)

It was only when they were returning my tree saver to me that they noticed my Peak Putters stickers and asked if I was from the TriCities. It was only then that I realized that their van was from the church I pass whenever I head into town. Outside the little town of Plain, WA a few miles north of Leavenworth and the Peak Putters are still there to save the day. Image

Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Beep Beep

Postby Beep Beep » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:19 pm

Right on!

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Postby Grumpy » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:46 pm

Good job Ambasador Ioccocca :super
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Zach ogle

Postby Zach ogle » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:45 pm

sweet deal, that kid in those pictures looks kinda..... happy
Beer is good

Lud
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lud » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:14 am

Cool!
2004 TJ Wrangler X (Rubiclone)
2.5" OME Lift, 1.25 in Body Lift, Flat Fender Flares
35x12.50x15 Maxxis Razor MTs
D30 ARB 4.56s Rear JKD44 w/ 8.8 disk brakes Ford 9" goodies, 4.56 and ARB.

oddball
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby oddball » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:05 pm

So you've got that going for you.

Return to “Other Areas”