AWORC - July meeting & campout run (July 14, 2007)

Pics and reports of other misc areas.
Beep Beep

AWORC - July meeting & campout run (July 14, 2007)

Postby Beep Beep » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:37 pm

All Wheelers Off Road Club -
July meeting & campout run at the Ahtanum

July 14th, 2007

Our club decided to have our July meeting at Blue Lake and wheel there. So on Saturday July 14th, 2007 we left with nine rigs from Ceg Ranch around 11 AM and headed for the Ahtanum State Forest by the way of Cowiche Mill Road. At the DNR parking area we aired down.

We turned up C1000. Fatboy and Colemancooler broke off from our group and ran the Strobach and 4W613 trails. We went to Nasty Creek Corals and up Doe Pocket. Here is Scuba in his Hemi Jeep at the first hill climb.

The group going up a very rocky part of the trail.

Here is the next hill climb.

Hoss

Ceg

Scuba

On up the trail we turned onto Jackass Road and followed it to 4W615 where we dropped down to Blue Lake.

Test Dummy testing the limit.

Hercules, Bobstar and Luna met us at Blue Lake by coming up from the Ahtanum North Fork Road. Fatboy and Colemancooler drop down from Foundation Ridge after running 4W613.

We set up camp and the stuff for dinner and what a great BBQ potluck dinner it was.

Demontang, Bobstar, Luna, Fatboy and Colemancooler headed home. The rest of had some cold ones and BSed until around 2 AM.

Around 5:30 AM the mosquitoes stated biting. They woke up the kids and we didn't get the kids back to sleep until around 7AM. I got up around 8 AM and put on the coffee. I forgot to bring a cup and had to drink coffee out of wine cooler bottle. Scuba and co-pilot headed home. BSLM cooked biscuits in his Dutch ovens and 99 cooked the bacon and eggs on the gas stoves.

After breakfast we headed out. BSLM headed for home. We head on around the Darland Loop. At Eagle Nest we stopped to use the out house. This is something we had not seen for over 24 hours. Talk about roughing it.

We head down to the Sno-park, up A2400, A2420 and got onto the Sedge Ridge Crest Trail. On the way we ran into PUO at Red Saddle. We talked for a few and then headed on up to the Rocky Climb. I tried the hard climb but couldn't get the traction with the tires I was running on the Jimmy. I went up the easier way and 99 followed. It still was a workout for the Jimmy. Hoss also tried the hard climb but had to take the easier way

Test Dummy just walked up the hard climb with ease.

Hercules couldn't make it to the top of the easy climb because it was to long. He went right up the hard climb with nothing.

On up the trail Hercules and Test Dummy headed down the Ahtanum South Fork Road toward Tampico. We headed on up Sedge Ridge Crest Trail.

The trail was a little tight is places for the full size rigs. This was my first time with a full size on this trail. It was a lot of fun.

99 had fun doing this hill climb. It is hard to see the stumbs at the top so I was her spotter.

There is a tight turn on the top.

We drove on up to the cross above Cultus Hole for the view of the area we use to use that has been closed off to the tax payers by Shawn Monty Lumber Company.

Since the area just past the cross is closed we turned around a headed back down. We turned off the trail onto the Ahtanum South Fork Road toward Tampico. Near the end of the dirt part of the Ahtanum South Fork Road we stopped to say our good byes to Hoss.

This was a very fun All Wheelers Off Road Club meeting/run.

Return to “Other Areas”