Zack's Event

Pics and reports of other misc areas.
SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Zack's Event

Postby SPR » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:49 pm

Many of us attended Zack's Extreme 4x4 event at the Benton County Fairgrounds this weekend (June 26-28). The PeakPutters performed the Tech Inspections for the event. For the most part, the event went well as could be expected. I have attached a few photos that my wife took of PeakPutters that participated in the event. I regret that I do not have pictures to post for all of the Peak Putters that ran events and that we missed many cool photo-ops.

For the record...

Tim and Rich ran the rock crawl. It looked as if both suffered broken front drivelines which prevented them from completing the course. Both of them made a good showing. The course was very tough and only a few folks completed it -- most of which suffered bent drivelines.

Gary, Paul, and Evan ran the mudbog in the 100 class. I think that Paul took first and Gary took second or third.

Image I thinks the ink on his back say's "Prison Bitch" :P

I don't Text (at least not very well), I eat Blackberrys, and I only Twitter after sex...

Lurch
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lurch » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:25 pm

I didn't break anything, I got to many points. I was miss informed on how many points I would loose when I swung wide after going through the pillons. When we went to pull cable to make the final pull up the hill they said I was out. Oh well I still had a great time and did better then I expected.
You can follow me.... but it's gonna hurt ;)

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:28 pm

How was the crowd? I hope he made some $$$$$
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

Wrench
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Wrench » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:37 pm

What a blast!!!

Hope they made enough to keep it going!

I think my home-made tri-y header and stuffing my intake ports with JB Weld were pretty effective. :shock: Dont tell anyone, its a secret recipe. :P
Paul
'84 XJ, '19JL

mattawajeep

Postby mattawajeep » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:17 am

I knew there was something more interesting to be doing this weekend....

Sounds like you guys made a pretty good showing.

Dumb question about the mud track - are you just racing the person next to you? Or do you use the same track and everything is timed?

Wrench
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Wrench » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:59 pm

mattawajeep wrote:Dumb question about the mud track - are you just racing the person next to you? Or do you use the same track and everything is timed?

Saturday's dirt drag was all timed. You do 4 runs, they throw out your worst time, and the total of the best 3 is your overall score for the day. Lowest score (time) wins, etc.

For the mud drags on Sunday, they opted to not run the timing equipment to keep it from getting damaged. We still used the starting lights (tree), but it came down to whoever crossed the finish line first. It was double-elimination, ie, two losses and you are DONE for the day.
Paul
'84 XJ, '19JL

Optiskate

Postby Optiskate » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:15 am

Man that looks fun. I wish I would have gone. Post more pics for the losers like me who couldn't show up. :lol:

Return to “Other Areas”