Forest Watch, Colockum RD snow run

Pics and reports of other misc areas.
bobracing

Forest Watch, Colockum RD snow run

Postby bobracing » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:59 am

Didn't take any pictures, to busy having fun.

http://www.easternwashingtonoffroad.com ... eb-26-2011
James
'92 YJ with a little something of everything.

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:38 pm

It was Green Dot and not groomed. . .

What was the snowmobile issue? Were they just mis-informed?

bobracing

Postby bobracing » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:11 pm

We were on or close to Colokum rd, had a little problem finding exactly where it was and the sledder was explaining to us in a very loud voice that we were only allowed on Colokum (guess center of road only?). If you see the picture there is a green dot right there and yes, Colokum is a green dot that is open to wheeled vehicles in the winter. Colokum was actually being illegally groomed and there was a meeting with an outcome of, it's open to wheeled vehicles, but some are still a little sore over it. Turns out the guy yelling was the Wenatchee groomer.
And no, we didn't hit any groomed trails.

After reading some of the notes flying around, there might even be more open up there, ".... we can snow wheel the Green Dot roads as long as they are not groomed.", this is from the powers that be.
The way I interpret this is that, all roads that aren't groomed, cross a groomed, and are green dot are open to wheeled vehicles. Probably would take a summer road GPSing trip and grooming maps to make work.
On the other hand, I could be pounding sand in my interpretation.
James
'92 YJ with a little something of everything.

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:25 pm

As far as I know, you are spot on for Green Dot areas unless there is a closure in effect for some other seasonal reason like animal migration or an erosion concern, but those should be marked.

Return to “Other Areas”