GGv2.0 Goes Again

Pics and reports of other misc areas.
tobyw

GGv2.0 Goes Again

Postby tobyw » Sun May 27, 2012 5:24 pm

With a whopping 36 hour reprieve from work staring us in the face, we had a decision to make: sleep, or take a road trip and see some sights? Let’s be honest – given those two options, there really wasn’t a decision to be made. So, we loaded up some supplies for the day, and headed out…

Our first stop was the Shoshone Ice Caves, guarded by a gentle dinosaur named Betsy (okay, that isn’t an official fact, but it worked for getting a picture :lol: ):

A couple views from the hike to the cave:

Along the way, we bumped into Fred and Wilma (yes, that is what the tour guide said :roll: ):

And some shots from inside the cave:

Leaving the chilly ice caves in the rear view mirror, we plodded North toward our destination:

We found a little outdoor mall area to grab a bite to eat and let the kids stretch some more:

Climbing back into the Grocery Getter, we started hunting some of those off-the-beaten-path vistas that make owning even a semi-capable mall crawler worthwhile:

And as we headed back toward town, we nabbed a shot of the ski hill:

Then we hit the town for some ice-cream and a last stretch of the legs before the trip back home:

And of course, no trip would be complete without a couple gratuitous poser shots:

With an average just north of 15mpg for the 200+ mile round trip, I am pretty happy overall. Still a few bugs to work out to be truly ready for the upcoming Colorado adventure, but at least the HVAC and DVD systems work flawlessly 8)
Yep, I've wheeled one of those, too...

Ace_Cherokee

Postby Ace_Cherokee » Sun May 27, 2012 9:18 pm

I like your tyre carrier! I am in to process of designing one that would work with my current bumper and hitch setup
Working on your rig is like a really great date: you start out expecting it to be something simple and straightforward; four hours later you're laying under her, panting and cursing, and things are a lot more complicated than you ever wanted.

Return to “Other Areas”