GTFO Run 12-01-12

Pics and reports of other misc areas.
tobyw

GTFO Run 12-01-12

Postby tobyw » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:57 am

What is a guy supposed to do on his first Saturday off work (vacations not withstanding) since January? Why, go wheeling of course!! :D I found a regional online forum and made a few contacts, and a plan was made to meet up for some lunch and head out to a local off-road area. Unfortunately only one other guy actually made it out, but it was great because he’s a long time local with a great knowledge of the area and local history. And, as it turns out, he knows several other wheeling spots and is more than willing to share them with me, so I am very much looking forward to following him around a whole lot more!

We aired down on a frontage road just off the highway:

The area we went to is all BLM land, and is completely open to motorized travel with no restrictions, meaning cross-country travel is permitted. This is very similar to the arrangement at Virtue Flat outside of Baker City:

Ubiquitous poseur shot:

We generally meandered East, with the Snake River to the South:

There was a fun little off-camber drop down toward the canyon floor:

As we trundled along a narrow shelf road, we spied a very cool little pond tucked into a rock cove:

We carried on to the end of the trail, and were greeted with some neat views of the canyon all around us:

Definitely looking forward to more Saturday trips! 8)
Yep, I've wheeled one of those, too...

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:37 am

That looked like a bag of fun! Specs on the other XJ? Like the stance and the sunroof. 8)

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:50 am

:thu2:
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

mattawajeep

Postby mattawajeep » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:32 pm

Cool. I bet there's fish in that there pond.

tobyw

Postby tobyw » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:27 am

OldGreen wrote:Specs on the other XJ? Like the stance and the sunroof. 8)

'90's something Limited, including power/leather seats and what he believes is a factory sun roof. Fully polished D30 with 4.88's and an ARB, F8.8 rear with matching guts. Clayton long arm with some sort of 6" spring and a 1.75" spacer :shock: , and 35" M/T Baja's. Interestingly enough, his 35" M/T's were within 1/4" of my 33" MTR's :? Home-built front and rear bumpers, Warn XD9000i winch w/ synthetic rope, and some well-used rock sliders of unknown origin. Tracey bought the rig as-is, and has just been using it for a couple years with no real inclination to change much other than the oil. It seems to work just fine.
Yep, I've wheeled one of those, too...

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:39 am

THOSE ARE 35s???????

Holy. . .

Livin4Today

Postby Livin4Today » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:12 am

I'd like to take run down there someday, that's perty country!
Lance

Building a capable off roader is easy, building a street legal one that you can wheel and then drive daily is the challenge...

2007 JKU, 7" RK lift, 40s, ARBs, 5.38s, Headers, Fox Coilovers, etc. http://www.Livin4Today.com

Return to “Other Areas”