All Wheelers Thanksgiving snow run (Nov 24th, 2007)

Pics and reports of other misc areas.
Beep Beep

All Wheelers Thanksgiving snow run (Nov 24th, 2007)

Postby Beep Beep » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:25 pm

All Wheelers Off Road Club -
Thanksgiving/Sedge Ridge Snow Run

Saturday November 24th, 2007

On Saturday November 24th, 2007 we met up and headed up the South Fork Ahtanum Road. On this run we had 7 rigs.

We ran the South Fork to the very end to get on to the Sedge Ridge Crest Trail. We were hoping to run in fresh snow as we have in the past this time of year. We were surprised to see so many tire tracks. There were a lot of hunters in the area. Most were riding quads.

We made it to this hill climb were only quads had made it past. There was a big tree in the trail in the middle of the hill climb. The Tweety Jeep got a workout climbing. I slide into the down tree as I went around it. I could not back up to get going again so Icesis pulled cable and helped me winch Tweety up the last part of the hill.

BSLM makes the climb look easy.

Test Dummy had to take a few runs at the hill.

Here is Test Dummy's Blazer with two tires off their beads and WayCrazy getting ready to winch.

Here is Scuba coming with his on board air, well trying to.

Scuba goes to the top of the hill to hold the Blazer from moving.

The guys work on rebeading the rear tire using BSLM’s CO2.

Fatboy climbs the hill and slides into the same down tree as I did. BSLM helps pull cable.

Here is the carnage.

Test Dummy went back down to the bottom and used speed to make it to the top. Icesis was the last to come up. He made it close to the top and then had to winch a few feet.

The next hill climb was just passed the Cultus Hole Trail. I took a run at it with the Tweety Jeep but did not make it that far. BSLM wanted to give it a try. He took a few runs at it and made it close to the top.

We all had to find a place to turn around. We did not want to spend the time getting everyone to the top of this climb because Shawn Monty has the trail closed a little passed the climb anyways.

We regrouped down where the South Fork Road meets the trail.

We ran the trail toward the other end. 99 took over driving right passed the Rocky Climb. We waited there for Scuba to reseat a bead. Once he was done we continued to the east end.

The next stop was down at the Sno-park. Most of the rigs head for home. Scuba, Icesis and 99 wanted to run more trails. We ran down the pavement and then up Nasty Creek. There were a lot of tire tracks up and over Cowiche Ridge. We turned off and ran the Strobach Mountain Trail. 99 had a lot of fun on that trail because of the tight trail and all the snow. Near the end of the trail, Scuba lost another bead. He was ready to head back. We headed down Cowiche Ridge.

Scuba let Co-pilot drive and somehow he lost a bead on Scuba's XJ. Scuba is now looking to buy some weld on bead locks.

We got back to my place around 9 PM. 12 hours from when we left. What a fun day thanks to all that came.

Beep Beep

Postby Beep Beep » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:09 am

Here are Icesis run pics:

Return to “Other Areas”